Transpyloric Shuttle Study

Options
Hi! I'm hoping that I can connect with other people who are participating in the current research study for the Transpyloric Shuttle. I had my endoscopic procedure on Monday 2/22/16. Looking to compare notes, get and share support to others who are participating.

Replies

• pamelakoz
    pamelakoz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes...I am being considered too. Good luck! Please share experience.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good luck today @pamelakoz
  • houstod4
    houstod4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I am hoping I become am able to get procedure done. How are you doing with it?
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @houstod4, So far so good! I am two weeks out this past Monday and feeling good. I get occasional cramps, but not anything that I need to take anything for and they don't usually last long. I lost 6 pounds the first week. Where are you located in the world? I'm in Vermont.
  • darrylparker
    darrylparker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just had the TPS installed yesterday at Dartmouth. I'm guessing it is there as I've been cramping and can't eat much. Still on liquids. I'm in New Hampshire.
  • richelleschaefer
    richelleschaefer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I have my procedure on the 25th - excited to get going!! Im in VT
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    What is this? It sounds like something out of Star Trek. Please explain what this is and for what? thanks.

This page has a video...

http://www.endobesitystudy.com/The_TPS_Procedure.htm
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    Hi All - I have my procedure on the 25th - excited to get going!! Im in VT

I'm also in VT.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    What is this? It sounds like something out of Star Trek. Please explain what this is and for what? thanks.

This page has a video...

Are you a participant too Paula?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »

This page has a video...

Nope. Just trying to educate myself.
  • Blittle74
    Blittle74 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey @PTSmiles. I am full of questions and more questions. I go Tuesday, April 26th for the procedure. I started taking Prilosec today and Thursday is my baseline. I hope I get it. Overeating is my problem or leisure eating so I hope this helps. I want to train myself to eat the way I'm suppose to so once I lose weight, I won't gain it back. How much have you lost so far since you've had it in? What does the diet consist exactly the first 3 days and the following 7 days? I know I find out Thursday but I'm so anxious that I've been surfing the net like crazy and I stumbled on this. :)
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »

This page has a video...

Nope. Just trying to educate myself.

No worries! :-)
  • richelleschaefer
    Options
    I had my procedure on the 25th. Still cramping after I eat, mostly but they aren't bad. Other than that nothing big to report.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    Welcome to the group @richelleschaefer!
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @Blittle74 How did your procedure go? How are you feeling now?
  • richelleschaefer
    Options
    Still on soft foods. Down 4 pounds. Check in is Wednesday
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @richelleschaefer 4 pounds! Yay!
  • iSparkleForever
    iSparkleForever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! It's me Blittle74. I changed accounts. Procedure was tuesday May 3 so today is last day for liquids. Cramping that feel kinda like hunger pains that last about 4 or 5 seconds but thats it. Im ready for eggs tomorrow though. Lol Getting all my calories has been hard but i do get my protein and she said these three days that's most important.

So how long does the cramping last and did you start hitting your calorie mark with soft foods?