Transpyloric Shuttle Study

Options

Replies

• Aly129
    Aly129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the procedure a week ago. I go back and forth on whether or not I have it. Lol
  • mlvardy
    mlvardy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone is doing and if you are losing weight and feeling okay. Any insight you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • smithebeth
    smithebeth Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mlvardy.... how did your procedure go? I am scheduled on Aug. 16 and I am wanting any and all info!! Hope all is well:)
  • lydcot58
    lydcot58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just learned of this device today and applied for the study in Stony Brook, NY and I was called today to make an appointment for next week. I was sure it was a scam because they called me back the same day. Are you all getting this procedure for free? I looked into the gastric balloon and the cost was over $10K. Is this for real?
  • acinomous
    acinomous Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm super late to the discussion. I got my device in January and have lost 35 pounds.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    lydcot58.... when are you set for your baseline and procedure? I am enrolled in the study and have been put off for the procedure on 3 different dates in Nashville supposedly because of a device malfunction and the sponsor put the study off. I am now scheduled for the procedure on Nov. 15. I hope it goes this time!! But to answer your question.... yes the procedure is free and if you are selected you also get compensation for participating.
  • tlpicard
    tlpicard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am scheduled for my Baseline visit tomorrow and my procedure in scheduled on 10/24. I am supper excited and am praying that I actually get the device. Is there any advice to prepare myself for the days prior to the procedure? And what did you all do for the 3 days of liquid diet?
  • mcfaddin7
    mcfaddin7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Smithebeth - I'm scheduled for the 15th as well in Nashville. I was also put off 3 times for the procedure because of a device malfunction. I'm hoping it actually goes through this time.
  • wathomason9039
    wathomason9039 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread. My wife just had the procedure done this morning and is now passed out. How is everyone feeling months in?
  • mom2twinsAZ
    mom2twinsAZ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just had my procedure on 10/21. I have been having cramps and throwing up. Wanted to see if anyone else has had these symptoms and how long did they last? Would also love to hear from anyone who has had the device in for awhile.
  • brp1627
    brp1627 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had my procedure in April. I have my 6 month follow up appointment this week on Wednesday. I haven't lost much weight. Really only about 10 pounds. It was more, but it fluctuates. Still cannot eat very much, so I'm pretty sure I do have the device, but I'm discouraged that the scale is not moving. Also, I have been experiencing a lot of hair loss. I didn't think it had anything to do with the stud, but now I'm starting to think it may. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • paolocarol
    paolocarol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my procedure in April and have had my 6 month follow up. I have had no symptoms and have not lost any weight so I am assuming I am in the control group. And for those who have had to wait for the procedure there was a problem with the device. A small weight at the end of the device has come off of some of the devices. No one who has had this happened has had an issue and they are not even telling people if it occurred with their device because you just pass it without knowing it because it is so small.
  • paolocarol
    paolocarol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have not had any weigh loss
  • lauraasmith10
    lauraasmith10 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi All, so glad to have found you guys! I just had my procedure this morning (10/28) and so far I feel pretty good. I am having stomach pains, but it feels more like I'm hungry than cramps. Hoping it's the device haha! Looking forward to having something other than liquid in 3 days! :) Laura
  • tr111300a
    tr111300a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been in the study for about 4 months now. I'm in a blind study. At first I wasn't sure if I had the device. I didn't have any issues or symptoms. Just last week I've experienced stomach pains and nausea that persisted for about a week. I called the office to report my symptoms they gave me a list of things to try. One of them being to drink a diet coke and do a couple of day of liquids. Sure enough it made me feel better. So I'm guessing I do have the device. I'm down 34 lbs. over the last 4 months feeling pretty good except last week.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    mcfaddin7.... I am in Nashville as well. I feel like if we get through the baseline on Friday, we are finally in there. Lol. I am so ready for this!! Good luck to you:)

• lboullt
    lboullt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this group. I had my procedure on Nov 15th in Nashville. Feeling ok except for the sore throat. My stomach has been cramping a little. Have had a hard time getting all my liquids in because of my throat but hopefully it will be better by the weekend. I have my first visit with dietician on Tuesday.
  • mcfaddin7
    mcfaddin7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lboult - I had my procedure done on 11/15 in Nashville also. I've been questioning if I got the device because I didn't experience any side effects except for the horrible sore throat. However, I'm now getting some stomach cramping and I got a little nauseous last night. Part of me wonders if it's just from hunger.
  • lboullt
    lboullt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi mcfaddin7. I'm the same way. Part of the time I feel like I do and other times I don't. These pains don't feel like hunger. It's more of an ache to me. Keep me posted on how you feel!!
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was reading about this study after seeing it here. Do you all have to live within a certain distance to the study locations?

I wish you all good health and success!