Why Is This So Hard?

Options
2»

Replies

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i can relate to this ,lol my fellow nurses just ate bagels so i gave them the side eye ate my orange and took a sip of lemon water...
    mind of matter, how bad you want it. and you can make the pizza with whole wheat crust, low fat cheese and perhaps pineapple try some new recipes that's what I am doing. trying new things so I wont feel deprived. A Turkey burger with whole wheat bun or lettuce as the bun load it with veggies and baked sweet potato fries. Hey you can even add turkey bacon to it if your calories allow.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    AlanahBeez wrote: »
    I eat so well through out the day. Then either two things destroy me....I'm around my coworkers who eat nothing but fast food and candy, and then suddenly my salad doesn't sound so appealing anymore and I cave into what they're eating. OR I want to eat before I go to bed and it ends up being pizza and ice cream, not an apple or something instead :( any advice or suggestions would be awesome...?

I have coworkers that eat out every single day. My solution is to allow myself fast food lunch, once a week. Look up restaurant sites online, so you can pick something that fits your goals.

Don't do many repetitive lunches. I love a salad with grilled chicken sometimes, but I try to change things up.

A Lean Cuisine Pizza isn't too bad, but generally when I'm craving pizza I will make my own. Turkey pepperoni is much lower calorie than regular. 2% cheese helps also.

Plan a night time snack (leave room for it). My go to is popcorn. So many different toppings. When I want ice cream, I have ice cream. Edy's Slow Churned in a Dixie cup.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    AlanahBeez wrote: »
    I eat so well through out the day. Then either two things destroy me....I'm around my coworkers who eat nothing but fast food and candy, and then suddenly my salad doesn't sound so appealing anymore and I cave into what they're eating. OR I want to eat before I go to bed and it ends up being pizza and ice cream, not an apple or something instead :( any advice or suggestions would be awesome...?

During the week, I don't eat anything I don't make myself. At work, I don't eat anything I didn't bring with me.

On the weekends, I eat whatever I damn well please.

This is a surprisingly easy balance to conform to, once you get used to it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You know, the other thing that people don't always mention is the fact that going out to eat every day is expensive! If you plan your meals right, you can eat breakfast and lunch for a fraction of what everyone is spending. If you spend $5-10 every day on going out at lunch, that adds up quickly. Why spend that on greasy fries when you can use that money for something better - like new clothes in a smaller size!
  • eliza2811
    eliza2811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. My co-worker's are dieting and I join in. When I get home, things go downhill. A hubby who hates healthy food and teenager (who doesn't need to lose weight admittedly) hates vegetables.