WAKE UP EARLY AND GO TO THE GYM

Options
124»

Replies

• Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Haha, I confess, I also sleep in my gym clothes (they're clean)...I sleep in them so I don't have to wrestle with that sports bra in the morning. It helps, because all I have to do in the morn is have some coffee and fill my water bottle & I am ready. Surfing MFP now but I am going to leave at 5am for leg day and the treadmill, then I will be set for a good morning.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    5am "duathlon" (Treadmill/TurboTrainer) 4K run/17K ride followed with Abs workout
  • iofred
    Options
    3am - 2 mile run, plus 7am - 1 hour ride followed with Abs/Legs workout ... 1300+ cals burn
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    For me it's Monday, Wednesday, Friday wake up at 3am for weight lifting for about 45 minutes and then 20-30 minutes elliptical. Tuesday and Thursday just elliptical so I get to sleep in a bit :smiley:
  • iofred
    Options
    7am sleep-in :), followed up with 36mile ride/2mile run .... happy Sunday :)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Y'all are very inspiring to someone that used to do these early morning workouts, and would like to start back again. Thank you for posting. Goal: 50 5am-home workouts until I feel like I can handle the gym & drive time to get there.
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    4:40 am...in 20 minutes I leave for the gym. Enjoying a cup of coffee now, with the dog on my lap, very cozy. Must resist the coziness and get out the door by 5. Treadmill then legs
  • iofred
    Options
    2:30am cycle session, 6:30 weights session followed with 2 mile run ... still recovering from Jetlag after a week in the US ... had a great week @ Planet Fitness which opened @5am, and cut me a great deal for the week :D
  • aakritik90
    aakritik90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. But I do yoga at home instead of going to the gym. Does it still count?
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have been making it to the gym at 5am most weekday mornings, then at 8:30 on Sat. I also take a few afternoon classes during the week as well.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sorry to derail your topic but is there any reason why you want to go to the gym in the morning if it's such a struggle?

My main exercise is running but it's always in the evenings after work. Or on the weekend. I've never once been at the crack of dawn before work even though i could easily do so because I can't be bothered and have no motivation to do so... 6:30pm however is a totally different story as is straight from work
    I work on my feet and after a full shift my feet hurt and i wont go to the gym. Gwtting up early sucks but its the best way to fit it into my schedule.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into early morning workouts. I can always push myself better. But I'd have to wake up at 3am so I just workout around 7pm after work and drag the whole time. Maybe after we get the gym full moved. No clue, I'm always so tired lately.
  • MiMi_5151
    MiMi_5151 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. Alarm is set for 4 am and I'm done and in the shower by 4:45am (Focus T25 DVDs).
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm up by 5:15am and at the gym by 5:30am. I am NOT a morning person and if you would have told me 2 years ago that I would be doing this (never mind liking it) I would have laughed at you. But I love it. The wake up is tough. Really tough. I'm not gonna lie, every morning I contemplate rolling over and sleeping another hour. However, I've never regretted working out that early, but many times I've regretted skipping the work out to sleep in.

Good on all of you for making the commitment!
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Elizabeth! Trying to lose the last 6 lbs. I will wake up at 6:00 tomorrow
  • CarmenLourens28
    CarmenLourens28 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym x5 per week at 6am - LOVE the feeling it gives me the rest of the day :) - i wake up at 5:30. I do family meal/lunch prepping and packing the night before. so i literally brush my teeth, wash my face, get dressed and go :)