Shakeology Anyone?

Options
aktay04
aktay04 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
This is my third week using shakeology and I'm pretty impressed. I've noticed I have a lot more energy! My hair & nails are getting stronger too. Does anyone here use shakeology? If so how is it working for ya?!

Replies

• Kbmom03
    Kbmom03 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm finally getting my bag in today of chocolate. I absolutely love it and the energy/fullness it has!! :)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    No I prefer to just throw my money in the trash can. Much easier, don't have to deal with a coach.
  • aktay04
    Options
    You don't have to deal with a coach to get shakeology. FYI I'm not a coach, but sorry you feel that way!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Why not just buy a higher-quality, less expensive protein powder/meal replacement? You can do that just about anywhere and then you'll be getting a better product for less cash and won't be supporting a shady MLM company.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Anytime I see the word anyone with a question mark. I instantly think Ferris Bueller.

I will say I felt the same things as you did getting the correct amount of calories and macros in for my body.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I use it, I like it, but I'm sure there will lots of posts from those who automatically hate any product sold using a MLM format.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I don't support pyramid schemes built around placebo effect.

You can eat at a deficit, supplement with a cheaper (and higher quality) whey protein, and take a multi vitamin, and have the same effect.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Nope. I prefer the gluten-free protein powder from WalMart which costs a fraction of what Shakeology costs.
  • aktay04
    Options
    Bummer! I thought it'd be more popular. I'll have to look into what you guys have said.
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    aktay04 wrote: »
    Bummer! I thought it'd be more popular. I'll have to look into what you guys have said.
    always wanted to try it

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat real real foods, at a deficit, and use protein shakes THAT ARE NOT AFRAID TO LIST THEIR INGREDIENTS to supplement protein when I need to. The only thing I want to put in my body without ingredients on the label are gin, vodka, and tequila.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    aktay04 wrote: »

Please do - and please don't think that we are putting you down or being mean to you. It absolutely enrages me that a company would lie directly to someone's face, someone who is likely desperate to lose weight, and take a huge chunk of money for something you can get for $20 at Walmart. It's even more enraging to me that many of these "coaches" do this to their friends and family members to meet their sales quota.

I am very passionate about it and it gets me all worked up when I see someone who doesn't know any better to fall for these scams.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's mostly been covered. I don't necessarily think it's a bad product but it is overpriced and sold by coaches who know nothing about nutrition. In reality, you would be better served taking a quality whey protein and a multivitamin for the same macros. Bonus: you save a ton of money.
  • aktay04
    Options
    I do like my money. Thanks y'all!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Save yourself a TON of $$$$.
    Go to walmart or target and see what kind of powders, shakes, and bars they have.
    Stay away from slim fast and carnation.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    MLM - have fun overpaying for over-hyped mediocre product that doesn't do half of the magic they promise. Eat right, lift, run. That's all you need.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Agreed with you can get the same product way cheaper and without the sales tactics and lies. I think the thing that offends me so much about Shakeology is the really underhanded tactics I see used by the so called "coaches". They are so dodgy, and I can't help but think that if the product really held up they wouldn't have to lure people in with "Free 5 day clean eating challenge!" to sell.

THAT, and the hypocracy of them constantly touting clean eating and unprocessed food, when Shakeology shakes are about as processed as you can get (and I have nothing against processed food), and don't even list all their ingredients, but that's somehow OK.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Looks like it's mostly been covered. I don't necessarily think it's a bad product but it is overpriced and sold by coaches who know nothing about nutrition. In reality, you would be better served taking a quality whey protein and a multivitamin for the same macros. Bonus: you save a ton of money.

I agree with this. I have lots of friends that do MLM. Advocare, Isagenix, Visalus. I think you can find better options but it's your money and if it's working for you great but definitely do your research.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Completely agree with the above^^^ if you really love your shakeology and it helps you, use it, but just know you can get better quality protien for cheaper and the same effects from a multivitamin. Also don't buy into the whole "superfoods" scam.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Anytime I see the word anyone with a question mark. I instantly think Ferris Bueller.

I will say I felt the same things as you did getting the correct amount of calories and macros in for my body.

So it's not just me? Bueller?