What's with this advocare thing??

2»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    It's not that supplements and meal replacements aren't ever helpful. It's just that there are much cheaper options that don't involve your friends hassling you to join their cult, and you then needing to hassle other people into it so that you can afford to remain a member of said cult. And in the end, you still have to learn how to eat properly or you will gain the weight back.

• evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Advocare is the reason I am still so overweight! Well not really, but I quit going to my companies free gym because the trainer is an advocate rep. I was doing great going every morning after work for almost three months. In that time he was always super helpful, put together a good full week program for me, always encouraging really positive guy. He told me, I was doing awesome, and you could tell he was impressed I was sticking to it. Then I get a FB request, figure he just wants to be able to see what's up if I skip gym or something, so sure I'll add. He messages me and asks if I would mind talking about something that would make a big difference for me, once again sure, didn't think about it. Next thing I know I am in the middle of a conference call with him and some random advocare Jack wagon, trying to drag me into a pyramid scheme. At first I just backed out and told myself to forget about it, but the more I thought the more angry I got. If I was really doing "awesome" why would I need supplements? Between anger, embarrassment, and being a natural born quitter, I never went back to that gym again.