Women and looks

Options
2»

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Dominant ideology perpetuates the power of the most powerful race, class, sexual orientation, and gender in a given culture via laws, institutions, cultural practices, and social norms so pervasive and often invisible that people whose interests those norms and practices do not benefit -- who are in fact oppressed by them -- internalize those values and reproduce the very oppressive systems that disempower themselves in their interactions with others. Thus women, for example, might internalize values that objectify and disempower themselves and other women, understanding the world and themselves from a [straight, white, perfectly physically able, wealthy] "male" perspective, or poor people may identify with values and political practices that serve the very wealthy and deny equal rights and opportunities to the poor, voting for candidates whose policies ensure the 1% gets richer while the poor get poorer.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I like when chics objectify me... I'm vein like that

Yup ,,makes me feel warm all over !
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I like when chics objectify me... I'm vein like that

So if a girl is seeing you as for example a credit card and long/short term investment that makes you vein ?

• pixlikesitcrazy
    pixlikesitcrazy Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I was fat I acted differently, I was less likely to make eye contact, be the one to start a conversation, and less face it, I was miserable and that's what I projected.

I think a small amount of how I'm treated now has to do with the fact that I'm hot, and a lot to do with the fact that I put out a more approachable, friendly and happy vibe. People are more comfortable with me now.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I hear a lot of women talking about how society objectives them or rate, judges and interact with them about how just they look not about their personality etc while in real life situations a very large percentage of women just really do the same to men if not more . I have experienced this in my life during the period of my transformation from a overweight to a fit person on a daily basis from young and old women in diferrent cultures , countries in the way they look , talk and act ...not just the women i come across while walking down the street also from co workers , college friends who know me as a person they all change and interact more with me in someway ..I know when when ur looks change for the better u seem more approachable but that's just still from the outside..really only few stay the same ..my question is why do u worry and talk so much about something u are already doing ur self to others and expecting a different action ??

Watching the video below and reading this makes kinda irritated. I've never thought of it like this for men. But its all true!! We're all under so much bull *kitten*.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    vein = "heroin addicts often have collapsed veins"

vain = "you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you"

Thank you, and snazzy reference.
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    seiffertrk wrote: »
    vein = "heroin addicts often have collapsed veins"

vain = "you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you"