breakfast that keep you full???

Options
I'm very active at work!! Need low calorie breakfast that last till lunch. I walk 4 miles before lunch at work.

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I am more active during the day than I am in the evenings and I fuel accordingly. A big breakfast, big lunch, small supper and no evening snacks works for me.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I generally skip breakfast or have a super low calorie plain greek yogurt.

If i wanted an actually filling and satiating breakfast there's no way i could make it low calorie. You need to figure out how you want to prioritize that; it may be easier for you to eat a higher calorie breakfast and less throughout the day/night.

My suggestions would be foods that incorporate all three macros specifically with more fat and protein:
    Oatmeal with milk/nut butter/greek yogurt/fresh fruits/roasted nuts/chia, etc. mixed in
    Omelete with eggs/veggies/cheese/meat
    French toast with bread/eggs/milk with berries/fruit/honey, etc.
    Breakfast sandwich with bagel thins/eggs/cheese/ham/bacon, etc.

hope this helps!
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    3 eggs cooked in 1tbs of coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, 2 oz turkey sausage and I throw in some spinach or mushrooms if I want. Full till lunch!
  • Gigum
    Gigum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That would depend on your calorie allotment for each meal. If you have 400 calories for the morning, then I'd make quiches with ham, cheese, sweet peppers, onion and one tator tot added to the middle. You can make these 100- 400 calories dependent on how much ya add into it. Make them in muffin tins and then freeze. I find a 130 calorie quiche takes me to lunch time and my granola bar quite easily.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It depnds on what you mean by "low calorie." I consider a low calorie meal to be one below 250 calories. I have not found any low calorie meals that will keep you full for the 3-4 hours between breakfast and lunch, especially with exercise right before lunch. You either need a low calorie breakfast and a snack (or two) or a moderatwly high calorie breakfast that will fuel your body through all that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have oats with either 1/2 ounce of almonds or Tbsp (16g) of chunky peanut butter with a couple of scrambled eggs and veggies pretty much every day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    It depnds on what you mean by "low calorie." I consider a low calorie meal to be one below 250 calories. I have not found any low calorie meals that will keep you full for the 3-4 hours between breakfast and lunch, especially with exercise right before lunch. You either need a low calorie breakfast and a snack (or two) or a moderatwly high calorie breakfast that will fuel your body through all that.

This. Depends on when you have breakfast and when you have lunch too...

Although steel cut oats cooked in almond milk with some almonds and protein powder keep me full for a while. Or 2 eggs, bacon, and some refried beans. But they're both 300-350 calories.
  • lardass101
    lardass101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started eating all organic and that alone seems to keep my fuller longer. One of my personal favorite low calorie breakfasts that hold me over pretty good is 92 grams of egg whites and 2 Apple chicken sausage patties (sounds strange but actually pretty good) takes about 5 mins to make and only 170 calories and 20 grams of protein. Hope this helps
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast but if I did I would eat a good 200+ grams of egg whites, with at least 200 grams of veggies (zucchini and squash, or broccoli, peppers, etc), with a slice of laughing cow cheese and hot sauce. High volume breakfast with 200ish calories depending on your servings. It is low in fat so if fat keeps you full, add a real egg, or a couple slice of bacon or avocado.

I also love Kodiak Cakes. The mix has a decent amount of protein, and a low calorie count. For 200-400 calories you can get quite a few pancakes. Not only are they filling, they give me a whoosh of energy.

I can't be bothered with this stuff in the morning though. I do just coffee, or coffee and a protein bar. A bar can tide be over until 1:00 if I eat it at 8:00 am.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I eat a huge breakfast, last time I counted it was over 1000 calories and I am hungry at 10. I do get up at 4:30 and run several miles prior so it all works out. Bowl of oatmeal, 1/2 cup almond milk, Over 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup of walnuts, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tbl spoon chia seeds if you are wondering. Snack at 10 is a bag of almonds.
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rsclause- that sounds like an AWESOME start to the day!
  • thompsonmurdock
    thompsonmurdock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Why do you need low calorie breakfast?

Protein and fat keep you satiated longer than carbs. So, look for protein and fat sources. Eggs and some nuts. Eggs and bacon. Eggs and cheese. Things like that will keep you full.

I'm so sick of eggs. Been dieting for a while. Even tried protein shakes.ugh
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Humm!! You guys are right.. What I mean is a high protein low calorie breakfast. I'm sick, sick, of eggs. Been on this journey for a while. I lost 94lbs about 2 years ago. I am now returning to get off some weight off, I gained over the holidays. Hoping advise from other will help me find better choice.
    Thank you!!!
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Humm!! You guys are right.. What I mean is a high protein low calorie breakfast. I'm sick, sick, of eggs. Been on this journey for a while. I lost 94lbs about 2 years ago. I am now returning to get some weight off, I gained over the holidays. Hoping advise from other will help me find better choice.
    Thank you!!!

• Connie150
    Connie150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Smoothie-1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, splash of Kefir, 1 cup of frozen mixed berries, 1 scoop of protein powder. Then I have a snack of almonds and some fruit in between breakfast and lunch.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Victory bar and walnuts. High in fiber, protein and fat
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Thanks. I have been doing smoothies. But almonds are a great idea. I can put some in a baggie and keep it in my pocket.. That just mite work... Thanks
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    A serving of Oatmeal cooked in water and a tablespoon of soy sauce, add a squirt or more of Sirachi. I add about 10-20 grams of cashews and a fried egg on top. If you are fried on eggs try adding some cheese, for some reason that sounds like it would be good.
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Thank you so much. Lots of new ideas to think of. Thanks