Replies

• peternixon12
    peternixon12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Porridge with honey it's lush
  • Only1Golda
    Only1Golda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I either have steel cut oats with 1/4 cup of fruit on top and a side of eggs OR a creamy nutrient dense shake.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I slow cook a homemade veggie chili with beans and freeze it. Every morning I eat about 3/4 cup veggie chili with 2 oz turkey breast added. Is about 250 calories and lasts me till lunch. I have a salad for lunch (350 cal) and that lasts me till dinner. I eat a banana in the day for extra calories.
  • JHALLISGETTINGsmall
    JHALLISGETTINGsmall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I usually have a granola bar (peanut butter flavor) and a banana every day for breakfast
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on Ezekiel toast. Comes in at about 300, depending on how much pb you put on, and hangs on longer than the same calories in oats or a smoothie.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Optimum nutrition whey powder mixed in almond milk (8 oz, you could use any liquid. If you want more protein, don't use almond milk cuz it's got nothing on normal milk), one tablespoon of fiber powder, and a boiled egg for breakfast gets me super far

The protein powder is 120
    The almond milk is 30
    The egg is 70
    The fiber is 10
    Grand total 230
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make a pot of Steel Cut oatmeal on Sunday and have breakfast for the week (add then ham and bacon towards the end of the cook cycle). Steel cut oatmeal, Canadian Bacon Ham, Eggs, 260 calories portion, but then I add coconut oil and drink a glass of water with flax seeds and chia seeds...bumping it up to 485 calories and I am stuffed for hours. Keep in mind I am over 300 lbs., so you would have to adjust accordingly.
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Jmgris1 wrote: »
    I make a pot of Steel Cut oatmeal on Sunday and have breakfast for the week (add then ham and bacon towards the end of the cook cycle). Steel cut oatmeal, Canadian Bacon Ham, Eggs, 260 calories portion, but then I add coconut oil and drink a glass of water with flax seeds and chia seeds...bumping it up to 485 calories and I am stuffed for hours. Keep in mind I am over 300 lbs., so you would have to adjust accordingly.

This combo gives me 22 grams of protein and 40 grams of carbs - plenty to keep me going till lunch.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    When I want a protein bomb for breakfast I make pancakes with greek yogurt for about 40g protein. I need a 500 calorie breakfast though. That said, my 500 calorie pancake recipe makes a MASSIVE plate of pancakes; I did this the other day and it made 12 (smallish, say 3" diameter) ones. Anyway, if you want a 250 calorie breakfast you could halve that and still end up a respectable-sized stack of pancakes and around 20g protein.
    • 6-7 oz plain fat free greek yogurt (100-120 calories, 18-20 g protein)
    • 60g of flour (what type of flour I use depends on the how I plan to flavor the pancakes: usually a mix of whole wheat plus either white flour, almond meal, or cornmeal), about 210 calories -- more for almond meal -- / 7 g protein)
    • a little protein powder (I use a weird local bulk soy powder because it's cheap and don't know what it is in "scoops," but it works out to be 50 calories and 12g protein)
    • 1 egg or eggwhite substitute (25 calories for egg substitute)
    • 1/2 tsp baking powder (you could use more but I manage my sodium)
    • 1 banana (80-100 calories) or 4 oz unsweetened applesauce (50 calories) or 4 oz canned pumpkin
    • optional fruit and nut bits to taste (diced apple + peanuts, frozen strawberries, dried cranberries + pecans, frozen blueberries + poppyseeds, etc etc etc.); sometimes I go savory and add a diced slice of bacon, slice of cheese, frozen corn, scallions. This step adds more calories. Strawberry is the calorie cheapest way to go, obviously.
    • I usually add water too because this batter is sooo thick, say 3 oz of water for the above.
  • TheChesireCat
    TheChesireCat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like two sandwich thins toasted with butter and Marmite on top with a cup of milky (1% milk) coffee on side, about 190 calories.

I tired an egg and it just didn't work for keeping me full (although very much does for the kids)
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I swear by porridge made with 100g of unsweetened almond milk, 35g of oats, 15g of protein powder and 50g of frozen berries. Microwave for 2 minutes. I'm always so full after eating it!
  • Abriellefulton
    Abriellefulton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My favourite lately is banana protein pancakes ! Throw one banana in a blender with one scoop of chocolate protein powder and enough egg whites to get the consistency you want (I usually put around 150g I believe?) and it makes 6 large pancakes, then you can top with some nut butter if you want :)
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not gonna say this is low calorie and someone may have already said it but i'm lazy and didn't read all the replies.
    Two slices of toast, 2 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tbsp of honey (half a tbsp per slice of toast) is what I am currently addicted to .... it may not be the healthiest of all options but I love it and it keeps me really full until dinner time. (For me, this is about 410 calories)