Over 50 Ladies?

Options

Replies

• antblue
    antblue Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am just getting started. I am 55 and would like to lose 50 pounds.
  • pm_rose
    pm_rose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and would like to make new MFP friends.
  • mskzk
    mskzk Posts: 1
    Options
    Add me too! I'm 60.....and yikes its intimidating. I'm on a doctor guided program, and I get regular b complex vitamin shots to help with the meno....I've been very happy with the results.
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Turning 61 in a few months. Have been here awhile and it's slow going, but I'm keeping at it. Could use some new friends. Most of the ones I started with have left and I could use some support.
  • sarily44
    sarily44 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 61-- still working. I have 3 children & 5 grandchildren as an incentive. I've lost weight on "programs" before only to regain it all (fast!) I'd love to have more MFP friends.
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and started MFP almost two years ago. I did real well in the beginning and then menopause hit. I am working to get my weight back down again, and miss my long walks.

I love the Pacific Northwest, have family and friends out that way. Living in Kansas is pretty boring in comparison!

Please feel free to add me!

I agree with some others, we should form a group!! :flowerforyou:
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    To anyone our age....feel free to ad me!!!!
  • franinaz
    franinaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good place to be. I'm Fran and I am 64 years old! I live in Arizona--near Phoenix. I am originally from NYC and lived in Florida for 28 years before coming out here. I work part-time and really can't wait to retire (next year) My husband and I love to travel and have a small travel trailer. Next summer we become snow-birds!

I decided to join Fitness Pal because I need the structure and support that it offers. Logging in my meals allows me to see what I need to change or keep eating....and I love tracking my weight loss.

My biggest issue is lack of exercise--especially in the summer--its 95-110 here. So I ride by bike in the early morning, swim a bit and walk in the mall (I need blinders on my eyes for that). Because it's so hot her, I have no problem w/ drinking a lot of water--and that's been helping me loose this weight.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on this mutual journey!
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! Maybe we should make ourselves a group. I'm 56, have been "dieting" off and on for about 40 of those years and am trying hard to make a lifestyle change rather than be on a diet. I am trying to get more healthy and feel better, I'm tired, and behave like a fat person, which in my head I'm not! I can always use the support, too. Please feel free to "friend" me and let's do this together! I only found MFP last week and love it already.:drinker:
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! Maybe we should make ourselves a group. I'm 56, have been "dieting" off and on for about 40 of those years and am trying hard to make a lifestyle change rather than be on a diet. I am trying to get more healthy and feel better, I'm tired, and behave like a fat person, which in my head I'm not! I can always use the support, too. Please feel free to "friend" me and let's do this together! I only found MFP last week and love it already.:drinker:

Thank you for the group invitation. I'm not that new to MFP but new to the community and would enjoy hearing from people 'my age.' ;)
  • posie4503
    posie4503 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me to the Over 50's! I'm 55, post menopausal, and live in Maine. Really need to drop some weight. I find that journaling what I eat daily helps me reach my goals, so I joined MFP to do just that. I did join (re-join) the gym a week ago and have started taking two 15 minute breaks at work to walk a 15 minute mile 2x/day.

Thank you ladies for inspiring me to do well on my fitness journey,

All the best,
    Jan
  • USLJH10
    USLJH10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, feel free to add me.
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did make a group, and sent invitations to those who had posted before I made it (which was just a little while ago). If you didn't get an invitation, or posted after I made the group, feel free to join us. The name of the group is Over 50 Ladies. See you there!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm 47yrs young, feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • sherrievc
    sherrievc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me to the 55 and over club, underwent WLS in October to work on health issues that I didn't seem to be able to do by myself. I have lost a little over 100 lbs since and am off the diabetic pump, blood pressure meds, and other issues I had. I am logging daily what I eat to keep me on track! Many think the journey of having a surgery to help take off unwanted weight is the easy way out... basically it's a tool to help. If you don't follow what you need to do the tool doesn't work. It's nice to have a network of people trying to be healthier and get good ideas from. I also work full time and help with 3 grandchildren as well!
  • onamathapia
    Options
    Add me too. I'm 54 next Friday. I've yo-yo dieted most of my adult life and it certainly doesnt get any easier as you get older. I.m finding this site really useful and combined with going to the gym three times a week with a personal trainer (Dave Benham, the fitness hub, Tamworth UK), I've got great hopes that it's going to work for good this time! I'm aiming to get a fairly decent beach body for Christmas in Gran Canaria, so all support welcome.......
    Let's do it together ladies!
  • dkny1954
    dkny1954 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 59 and having trouble taking off the last 12 lbs. I walk 3.5 mile every morning and I don't eat sweets but I love fresh fruit. I think it just this stubborn age and it won't let the lbs. go. Add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • jthiker26
    jthiker26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the Over 50 ladies! I am new to the site and don't even know where to find the groups, so HELLP! I am 55 and hurt my knees in the past and am hiking and walking now, trying to following the SHRED diet and track my calories! Would love to share support and recipes with some ladies in the same boat! Thanks!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 49. Close enough?? Having trouble convincing my body that I mean business! Feel free to add me. I'm also a type 1 diabetic for 39 years and hypothyroid for the past 27 years.
    Although I love reading the success stories of these younger people, I also realize I'm in a different world!