Low calorie breakfast ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Medically you need to eat within the first 2 hours of waking up to kick start your metabolism. Otherwise your body will store the food as fat.

Well this is what a lifestyle advisor told me. :-/

Medically speaking your lifestyle advisor is confused.... :laugh:
    They are confusing motorbikes with metabolism - one might have a kickstarter and the other doesn't.

Weetabix, Shredded Wheat or oats if you like cereals. Mixed bowl of berries is very refreshing and low calorie.

If you don't like breakfast and it doesn't cause you to make poor choices later in the day then there isn't any reason to force yourself to eat something.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Oats

^^ This. every single god-damn day!!!
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats porridge (in the sachets) mix with 180ML of skimmed milk, microwave for 2 minutes, then I add strawberries and grapes. Usually comes to just around 180 calories, depending which flavor of porridge you go for.
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    my ultimate favorite low cal breakfast is scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms and hot sauce! grrr.... did you hear my stomach growl?
  • isobelakenhead
    Options
    I don't usually eat breakfast but find when I'm dieting, I am hungrier in the mornings than normal, so I'll often grab a banana and have low-fat hot chocolate to go with it. Works a treat and tides me over til lunch!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I normally go with a 1/2 cup of egg beaters to make an omelet with veggies or I drink my shakeology.

Don't skip breakfast. That slows down your metabolism and causes your body to go into starvation mode thus causing weight gain. One should eat within an hour of waking up.

There is no evidence to support that claim, BROSCIENCE. There is research that shows short-term HGH boost from not eating earlier in the day.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I would say eggs but you don't eat eggs.

I would suggest gritz or cereal. I don't eat breakfast personally.
  • killifish11
    killifish11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i thought I would try the Special K diet plan
    But instead using shredded wheat bite size or tesco oat cereal although when you weigh out
    40/50 grams it does not look much but add some dried fruit and some fresh fruit I.e
    Strawberries it makes a tasty filling breakfast for around 380 cals.
  • FITIsTheNewPINK
    Options
    Oatmeal is always good, like with a dash of cinnamon and a tiny bit of maple syrup.
    My personal favorite is an oatmeal carrot muffin with turkey bacon. Oh and yogurt is good and quick!
    :)
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Porridge all the way :D Delicious!
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know some people say breakfast isn't important, I don'd know if it is or not but I happen to love it and I'm hungry in the mornings so I eat it. :)
    I eat several different things for breakfast depending on the day and how much time I have and what I have on hand.
    1) Cereal (Cracklin Oat Bran or Kashi Go Lean Crunch) with half a cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
    2) Grits with 1/3 cup shredded cheese
    3) Greek Yogurt Pancakes (search the recipe in the forum posts, that's how I found it) with some sugar free syrup.
    4) Any leftover muffins or biscuits that might be around with a glass of milk, greek yogurt or egg for protein
    5) My mom's homemade bread. :)
    Sometimes I add fruit as well depending on what I have on hand.
    I also drink coffee in the morning but I make sure to drink a glass of water too.
  • roxannergenova
    roxannergenova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 c quaker oats old fashioned oatmeal
    1/2 c water
    Microwave on high for 90 seconds
    Add milk and fruit to suit your taste

Healthy carbs for energy and fiber. And so easy
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 pieces of Healthy Life whole wheat, each with a tbl of peanut butter, which makes for a complete protein. I'm able to go 5 hours on it.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are great...I drink a green smoothie in the morning before work. Just whiz 1 cup of water, 1 cup of ice, 2 cups of spinach/greens and 1 cup of fruit (add a spoonful of stevia if you need a bit more sweetness). My ten year old likes hers with green apples and green grapes, my fourteen year old likes his with just spinach and bananas...I throw whatever I have in there, minus the banana (I'm allergic)...peaches are awesome in there! Add a spoonful of milled flaxseed or wheat germ for more fiber. i've heard chia seeds or oats are good for thickening it up, too, but I havent' tried those yet. I also throw in any avocado I might have, too, for the fats.
  • juliads2003
    juliads2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drink a Low-Sodium V8 (add some pepper if it is too bland for you)

or

I like the strawberry special k cereal with unsweetened almond milk (vanilla)

or

just grab an apple, orange, or banana

Any of these help to curb my appetite until lunch time