How big is your breakfast?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Bigger breakfast usually serves me better, in terms of staying satiated through the day (but this varies by individual). I do have a smaller breakfast if I'm rushing out to work out (spin class or rowing), but then have my standard breakfast later for lunch.

Standard breakfast: Oatmeal with greek yogurt, mixed berries (frozen ones, thawed), walnuts, sweetened with 1Tbsp all-fruit spread, with one or two cups of coffee that each have 3/4C hot skimmed milk. 483 calories, with two coffees. (I'm at 1700 net, heading into maintenance, usually around 1900 or so actual eating, including exercise).

Light breakfast: 2Tbsp crunchy natural peanut butter on a Coco Lite Whole Wheat Pop Cake (it's a tortilla-sized cracker-like thing that's mostly air - about 20 calories), 3/4C of skim milk with vanilla extract, 1/2C or 3/4C kefir. That's 381 calories, with the larger serving of kefir.
  • kensreboot
    kensreboot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This morning was 597 - all fruit (Grapefruit, banana, pineapple and a nectarine) and I did have 2 slices (dry) of Dave's Killer Rye bread, which added 240 calories. I generally shoot for about 500 between my fruit and a little, very filling, salad (that's more of a mid-morning snack though because of my work schedule).
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it between 200-250. I have always been just a boring cereal eater for breakfast but that was dragging down my protein for the day. So I eat the special k protein cereal now, two servings with skim milk. I've tried various things but for me nothing beats a big bowl of cereal.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I ascribe to a big breakfast of about 600 calories, a small lunch and a decent sized dinner.
  • bologna111
    bologna111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Breakfast foods are my favorite! I don't eat until 11am but then I have a big breakfast sandwich with egg whites, turkey bacon and a homemade hoagie bun. With my coffee it's about 500 calories. It's my favorite meal of the day!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 meals that are roughly equal in size (500-600 calories), including breakfast. Any shortage from goal goes to a snack or making dinner bigger.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Coffee with creamer and Greek yogurt. 250-300 calories.
  • briannalsparks
    briannalsparks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fiber One original (14g fiber 25g carbs) in Fage 0%fat greek yogurt (23g protein) With a ton of water & black coffee
  • housenoob
    housenoob Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is supposed to be the biggest meal of the day. Not only that, but the most important meal of the day. Think about it this way: you can starve yourself until 12 and then feel like you deserve a bunch of unhealthy food or, you can eat a balanced breakfast and eat a more healthy lunch because you are less hungry and are aware that you have eaten other things. I like to eat oatmeal, applesauce, bagels and fruit like bananas and grapes also chobani yogurt. According to health blogs they seem to say you are supposed to eat a good amount of protein, fiber and potassium in the morning to keep you full!
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    150 calories
    a61536f6086fe6b95eef8eed1cec2bd5.jpg
    NutritionFacts-Egg-Cheese.jpg

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    300-350 calories with at least 25g protein
  • jenn_boomz
    jenn_boomz Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    400 with my macros at high protein and fat. Full-fat yogurts and eggs and pumpkin oatmeal, usually. Sometimes I add a handful of almonds and a protein shake to front load on big workout days.
  • patheticshark
    patheticshark Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Usually around 250-300 (which is usually a combo of two of 50g peppered mackerel or smoked salmon, a boiled egg, and/or a small slice of sourdough). If I'm planning a big lunch or dinner I'll aim to keep it under 150 (usually an apple with some chopped figs sprinkled with cinnamon).

I usually struggle not to eat more sourdough but not because I'm not full, just because sourdough's so tasty.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    3-400 usually. I have a double serving of a hearty porridge (red river or steel cut oats usually), some espresso and a cup of whole milk divided between my coffee and porridge. I don't generally have a morning snack, this holds me up until lunch.

My calories are currently at 1915 so I still get a decent lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and possibly dessert.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    it ranges from 150-350cal. 150cal is when i eat a slice of bread with a triangle la vache qui rit, 350 is milk and cornflakes.
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @ZeroDelta that egg sandwich looks amazing! Plus way lower calories than most breakfast sandwich type things. Where do you get it?
  • srujana_kanneganti
    Options
    tea, sometimes protein powder ~ 120cal
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 270 to 400--depends on what I'm having which can be oatmeal, egg, bacon, frosted mini wheats, milk, yogurt, granola bar. Quite often I'll combine these. It also depends on if I'm having something higher in calories in the evening for supper. I try my best to even it out calorie-wise so I can stay at 1350.
  • katieboo93_
    katieboo93_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Typically around 200-300 cals. I try to have something high in protein so I'm full until lunch
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Porridge with a handful of raisins, a small banana and a pot of coffee as a bare minimum. Usually anything between 4-600 calories before midday (I'm always hungry in the morning, I often walk 3-4 miles before breakfast).