Ughhhh

Options
2»

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Missing a few moments with your friends here and there won't kill you. As many others have said, now is time in your life to really start learning about balance and setting boundaries, both for yourself and others. Exercise is great for stress management and important for you health. Find the time. Your friends will still be there an hour later.

Also, try encouraging your friends to do outdoor activities like going for a walk or hiking. That way you can engage in fitness activities and hang out with your friends.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    If your friends don't understand the reasons why you want to go to the gym, and they are more of a hinderance than successfully pushing you to be the best version of you, then unfortunately, it might be time to make new friends.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I used to feel like you. I felt bad turning down an invitation with friends, but then I realized I needed to be a priority. That could be several different things: sleep, studying, working out.

You need to realize that you will miss out on some things, but your life won't be awful or end because of it. Are you always going to be there for everything? Probably not once you're out of college and have other stuff going on (work, family, relationship, volunteer opportunities, etc.).

If you want to workout, you'll make it work. It's an hour (give or take). You won't miss out on some huge thing in that hour-ish time.
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to go the gym to excercise, there's excercise apps and YouTube and online workouts you could do.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    housenoob wrote: »
    @arditarose so glad that you feel me!!!!!

What? no

You did say pretty much the same thing.

I took it as the opposite. OP doesn't like missing out on social events to go to the gym. Arditarose doesn't like missing out on the gym to go to social events?

This. I guess it is the same issue though. But opposite, ha.

In reality I find balance. I do kind of plan my week in advance and make sure I can hit all training days while still being social.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    @arditarose so glad that you feel me!!!!!

You two are like BFFs now!

totes
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    No matter how often you hang out with your friends, you can manage 30 minutes a day a few times a week to work out. I doubt your lives are that exciting where something amazing is happening every minute of every day. I would guess that mostly you're all just sitting around watching TV. By being afraid of missing out on that, you're missing out on your desired body.
  • liftsalltheweights
    Options
    Hi so I always feel like if I go to the gym I will miss out on things with my friends so I always just end up not going because I don't want to miss out on any memories also what are other ways to deal with stress that dont involve eating?

Go early in the morning?