Can I bounce back from a month of bad eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I say skip all diets until you work out what you were getting out of binge eating. What emotion have you been feeding?

I get sad when people split foods in to happy foods and diet foods. All food is glorious and if enjoyed with a modicum of caution can be included.

Great advice. What worries me is the idea that you have to stuff your face to prepare for dieting, as if losing weight requires miserable deprivation. I think it's that kind of thinking that can feed into bingeing for some.

Figure out a pleasant and sustainable way to eat, with some of the foods you think you will miss, and just make sure you can lose on the overall calories. I don't eat differently when dieting and not but for the overall amount of food.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Moderation is your friend. My guess is that you're stuffing yourself because you plan on not eating those things anymore. If that is what caused you to start this binge cycle, then you need to figure out how to have the things you like in reasonable quantities, or you'll keep going through that cycle.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I agree, I used to struggle with binge eating so I took some time out to not count calories and focus on healthy. I find if I restrict myself too much I will fall back into it, so trying to find a happy medium to change my body but not mentally change my relationship with food
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    As so many people on these boards can confirm, you can bounce back from YEARS of "bad" eating - get your poop in a group and consider the good advice you have been given. Its never too late to start. Good luck!!