Options
    Date: 3/15
    Stayed under calorie goal: yes
    Vitamins/ meds: yes
    Water 8+: no
    Exercise: Painted bathroom and played outside w/ grandson

Goal Weight by 4/1: 165
    Current Weight:169 Grrrrr....
    Gain/loss vs last week: Gain. I truly think it has to do with muscle vs fat as my jeans are baggy and I can now fit in my size 12's. *Happy Dance*

Current Struggles: Not much to report

Current Strengths: I agree with you @newbiDate: 3/12 &3/13
    Stayed under calorie goal: yes 3/12 no 3/13
    Vitamins/ meds: yes
    Water 8+: no to both
    Exercise: Rest day yesterday and took today off too

Goal Weight by 4/1: 165
    Current Weight:167.7
    Gain/loss vs last week: Weigh in tomorrow

Current Struggles: So much to do and so little time to do it as raising my grandson is quite time consuming. Feeling old today

Current Strengths: I agree with you @newbie2143 , Beautiful springlike weather lifts the spirit and energizes! Sunshine is so good for the soul!

@newbie2143 , that is awesome you will be able to vacation with your family on Thursday :smile:

@puglife456 , you will do just fine on your trip! There are so many healthy nibblies you can have for the car ride. As for noticing changes, being happier is ALWAYS a good result of getting healthy! Go girl!
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Date: 3/16, (reporting for 3/15)
    Stayed at/under calorie goal: Yes
    Exercised: No - pool today
    Vitamin: oops...
    Practiced meditation: Yes
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes

Goal Weight by 4/1: 135
    Current Weight:138.5

Current Struggles: Is it just me or is the time change harder to adjust to this year???
    Strength: Reflecting on the positives: Had to use a safety pin to cinch in my pants yesterday cause they were falling off... :)

@puglife456 , I also found it difficult to track and stick to calorie goals on my most recent trip away from home.... Just do the best you can, and get right back on track when you get home! If you get off track, it's just a speed bump on the road to the final goal. Have fun!

@bellew62802 , your life sounds very busy and I admire how you find the time to get your workouts in.... So dedicated!
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, both of you :) and congrats on loose pants! What a great feeling

• puglife456
    Options
    Date: 3/16 (reporting for 3/15)

Stayed under/at calorie goal: no
    Exercised: 60 minutes on Elliptical
    Vitamin: yes
    Practiced meditation: yes
    Avoided sugar/highly processed foods: no

Goal weight for 4/1: 149
    Current weight: 151

Current struggles: it is sad to think that I can workout for an hour yet still go over my calorie goal *sigh*. When I feel like this, though, I just have to think about how much healthier I am because of working out and all the benefits beyond just creating a calorie deficit

Current strengths: had a nice, quiet night of reading while listening to the thunder storm outside and getting a start on my spring cleaning. I'm feeling refreshed and energized today and ready to make this a good one
  • puglife456
    Options

Date: 3/16

Exercised: 60 minutes on Stair master
    Vitamin: yes
    Practiced meditation: yes
    Current weight: 151

Current struggles: staying under calorie goal... Goldfish crackers ...

Current strengths: I didn't go way over my calorie goal and I think I'm still at a loss for the day so I'm not too concerned.
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Date: 3/18, (reporting for 3/17)
    Stayed at/under calorie goal: Probably not. Did not get all my logging done as I was driving late into the night.
    Exercised: No
    Vitamin: Yes
    Practiced meditation: Yes

Goal Weight by 4/1: 135
    Current Weight:138.5

I made it up north to be with my family, after.a very early start to work and a long drive.... We are heading out to the cottage which is out of cel range for the next few days, so I won't be checking in until Sunday night.... Keep up the good work everyone!
  • bellew62802
    bellew62802 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Morning all,
    MIA, sickness invaded home and been crazy busy and not much time to spend on my workouts. Exhausted. Have been good on eating although I haven't journaled it.
    @puglife456 & @newbie2143, Hope you both enjoy your vaca! Hope to get reporting again in a day or so.
  • caitibugaloo
    caitibugaloo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So I realize that it is extremely late to join this party, but I just spent a long time reading a bunch of your posts and I LOVE all the positivity on this board! I would love to join and continue on to the next month with you.
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Welcome to the board, @caitibugaloo ! Never too late to join :)
  • newbie2143
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Date: 20 Mar (reporting for today)
    Well, a whirlwind trip 7 hours up north to be with the family and now we are all back.... to reality. Suffice it to say my cousin and his wife are chefs, and we ate well at the cottage. I'm just going to put that all on the shelf and get back on track with my Healthy Habits today.
    Stayed at/under calorie goal: No
    Exercised: Yes
    Practiced meditation: No

Current struggles: I have reflected on how I have been doing lately.... March has not been the best month for me with my "Healthy Habits". After two months of very careful attention to both, I have been off track more than on this month. I wonder if it is because I finally made it under 140 that my motivation has been waining. I am within 10 lbs (or was before this weekend, anyway, lol) of my goal weight, and I need to find the strength to carry on with what has been working well for me. Tomorrow is a new day! Thanks all for sticking with me... I know I have been like a broken record lately saying how I'm going to get back on track!
  • caitibugaloo
    caitibugaloo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Date: March 20 (Reporting for yesterday)
    Stayed at/under calori goal: Yes! (This is impressive because it was my husband's birthday and everyone else was eating gobs of pizza)
    8+ Cups of water: Yes
    Vitamin: No
    Meditated: Yes
    Avoided snacking: yes

Goal weight as of 4/1: 347
    Current weight: 351

Current struggles: I have a loooong way to go until I reach my ultimate goal weight of 190 and it tends to feel impossible.
    Current strengths: If I can say no to pizza, I feel like I can do anything! lol
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Hi all and Welcome @caitibugaloo :smile:
    @newbie2143, broken record? Naw! Each day is a brand new day and "getting back on track" is so MUCH better than never getting back on! Hope your vaca was just fab!

Date: 3/21, Reporting for the day
    Stayed At/Under Calorie Goal: Yes
    8+ Glasses of Water: Yes
    Exercised: Yes, 60 minutes plus strength training
    Vitamin/Meds: Yes

Goal Weight 4/1: 165
    Current Weight: Tomorrow weigh in

Current Struggle: Actually not a struggle but I am weaning off of my meds under doc supervision. Therapy is helping me to learn coping skills which helps in a big way in my emotional eating.

Current Strength: Fellow MFPers plus a wonderful therapist!

• newbie2143
    Options
    Date: 22 Mar (reporting for yesterday)

Current weight: 139.5
    (+/-vs last week): up 1 lb

Current struggles: Motivation, mainly.... but fitting in exercise after work comes in as a close second. :) I need to take a look at how I am prioritizing things, because clearly I am not making my weight loss journey a priority right now!

Current strengths: I am still down 11 lbs overall, not going to slide THAT much! Yes, @bellew62802 , far better to get back on track than not at all... Thank you for that!
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Date: 3/22, Reporting for the day
    Stayed At/Under Calorie Goal: Yes
    8+ Glasses of Water: no
    Exercised: Played outside with grandson

Current Weight: 166.8 Loss! Yay!

Current Struggle: Plain old rough day. Emotional and physically exhausted

Current Strength: My bed. Going to sleep. Good night all!
  • newbie2143
    Options
    ^ @belle62802. - yay! Another loss due to all your hard work.... Keep it up!

Date: 24 Mar (reporting for yesterday)

Current struggles: Getting back on track.... Eating better, not back to the gym yet. Currently hosting family, so a bit hard to get away. Scale is up due to inattention. Not going to let that derail me.

Current strengths:
    pbe2vcsbr5iu.jpeg

• pamelajmcnab
    pamelajmcnab Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this board. I have been a bit discouraged trying to find an on-line "community" here on MFP that suits me. So many boards/groups are either inactive or have posts where posters don't seem to communicate with each other. This board seems different, so here I am.

I re-embarked on my journey to fitness for the umteenth time on 1/1. I am 52, have a severely arthritic knee due to a broken patella about 12 years ago, and I had let myself get crazy out of shape. When I started, I decided a realistic goal would be to lose 70 lbs, which still puts me above the BMI for "normal." My start this time has been hindered by a messed up IT band and the knee being just incredibly sore. As I've started losing weight and exercising gently, while also stretching the IT band, my knee has loosened up. I've lost 19 pounds since 1/1, so I am off to a good start despite the physical glitches.

Current strengths: This time I have an incredibly supportive husband cheering me on and never sabotaging my efforts. I have two other huge motivators: I have a beautiful horse to ride when the weather improves and I am going to Europe at the end of June.

Current weaknesses: I am constantly fighting my sweet tooth. I have kept my steps low so as to avoid plantar fasciitis. When I got a new fitbit, I already knew I was averaging about 5-6k steps/day if I didn't do any extra exercise. I am up to 8k/day as my goal. I am trying to take it slow because I know from experience I'll really regret it if I push too far too fast and get the PF again.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!
    Pam
  • bellew62802
    Options
    @newbie2143 , I love how you are so upbeat and supportive! It sure does me good! Thank you! As long as you don't derail, that side track does serve a purpose as in at least holding you till your track is clear again :smile:

@pamelajmcnab , *Welcome*! It is so awesome to have such loving supportive people in our lives isn't it? Definitely is good to go slow and steady to avoid injuries. I am learning that all too well as I have had to leave my jogging days behind me as my arthritic hip just can't endure it anymore. Stationary bike/ elliptical are my sources of exercising these days. Glad you joined us!

Dates: 3/23 & 3/24, Reporting for the 2 days
    Stayed At/Under Calorie Goal: No yesterday, Yes today
    8+ Glasses of Water: Yes & yes
    Exercised: No yesterday. Light play with grandson is all. 60 minutes plus strength training

Current Weight: 166.8 Loss from last week

Current Struggle: There are going to be days when I will not be able to get my workout in and have time to report here. My grandson's Mommy is going through proceedings for a criminal sexual assault case that was done to her The lack of her parents caring and support, she would have been left with no loving support. She is family and there is no way on God's green earth was I going to stand by and watch her deal with this alone. Sadly, her family rots. Thankfully, mine doesn't and she has us. So days are going to be filled with such emotional stressors and I may seem MIA but just so much stuff going on and with caring for Eli, grandson.

Current Strength: My fab hubby love, my therapist and you all! Thanks for listening to what is on my heart.
  • puglife456
    Options
    @bellew62802 I am hoping that everything turns out alright with that case. It is so great that you are there for her, because everyone needs a little support now and then.
    Date: 3/25 (reporting for 3/24)

Exercised: no
    Vitamin: no
    Practiced meditation: no

Current weight: ???

Current struggles: road trips are always tough on my diet, and I'm visiting family this weekend and they love going out to eat so hopefully I'll be able to fit in excersize and make good choices!

Current strengths: during the road trip I didn't log at all, but I did get tons of physical activity and I felt like the only times I would have gone over my calorie goal were the actual travel days as we did stop for lots of fast food. Nothing too bad, though!!
  • pamelajmcnab
    pamelajmcnab Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Sorry for the silence. I am a teacher and as we were rolling up to spring break and me rolling up to a big trip, I have been super busy. Still tracking, but probably didn't eat as well as I could have, despite staying within limits.

CW: 213.6
    GW: 165

Stayed under calorie goal all week.
    Didn't make my 8,000 steps every day
    Hoping to catch up and meet my weekly goal by walking in the airports tomorrow!

Current struggle: Will be an emotional trip home and I will try not to do any emotional eating. Try not to let my mom sabotage me.

Current strength: I am so close to having lost 20 lbs that I have a lot of momentum behind me!

Have a great Easter weekend, everyone!
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Date: 3/26, Reporting for the day
    Stayed At/Under Calorie Goal: no
    8+ Glasses of Water: almost
    Exercised: Yes raking and digging and lots of walking

Current Weight: Loss

Current Struggle: Keeping track of my macros when I sometimes have been literally eating on the run.

Current Strength: Having the days I do get to log at each meal.

@puglife456, I too hope all turns out. There is to be a jury trial next month and Ia praying that justice will prevail.

May you all have a Happy Easter!