diet pills yes or no?

Options
kalie8789
kalie8789 Posts: 7 Member
What's some peoples out look on diet pills I'm taking garcinia cambogia and so far it's helping. I was also told about dexatrim max

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No. The ones that don'e need a prescription are no better than a scam, and the ones that do require a prescription have risky side effects.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No. Absolutely not. No.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    No. The ones that don'e need a prescription are no better than a scam, and the ones that do require a prescription have risky side effects.

THIS
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    No
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What are we counting as diet pills? If you're talking supplements like vitamins, preworkouts for a quick boost, etc, then yes, especially if you have a deficiency found by a professional. But there's no such thing as a diet pill that will magically help you lose weight...especially without putting the work into it.

Sorry.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    a 1000% No!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

THIS. 100% without argument.

I wish someone one had properly warned me about the risky side effects before hand. The 'you might have some slight side effects but nothing to worry about' from my former doctor didn't quite cut it. My liver is still cursing me and I'll have to be careful for the rest of my life. The danger is just not worth it for the temporary effect!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    No.

You will find the answer to be a resounding "No" from, I'm just guessing, most members of MFP.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    No. Not ever. Not necessary. Not healthy.
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify what everyone else has said:
    No
    No
    and No
    Maybe another No
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No.

Waste of money and they really do not work. Don't fool yourself or trick yourself. They really do not work.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Nope, not for me. The ones prescribed tend to be pretty hardcore and lots of side effects and the "natural" ones are not really regulated so can contain all kinds of things.
  • Helloidentitycrisis
    Helloidentitycrisis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What are we counting as diet pills? If you're talking supplements like vitamins, preworkouts for a quick boost, etc, then yes, especially if you have a deficiency found by a professional. But there's no such thing as a diet pill that will magically help you lose weight...especially without putting the work into it.

Sorry.

This.

I take liquid iron so it's not really a pill, and occasionally a regular caffeine pill as pre-workout. You might as well have a cup of coffee instead, but personally find that coffee and energy drinks give me nausea during workouts!
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No, nope, never!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No

There's no quick fix.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

THIS. 100% without argument.

I wish someone one had properly warned me about the risky side effects before hand. The 'you might have some slight side effects but nothing to worry about' from my former doctor didn't quite cut it. My liver is still cursing me and I'll have to be careful for the rest of my life. The danger is just not worth it for the temporary effect!

This. If the pills have no side effects then they don't work. If the pills work they have horrific side effects.

http://www.prevention.com/mind-body/natural-remedies/diet-pill-dangers-truth-behind-weight-loss-supplements
    http://www.rxlist.com/weight_loss_medications-page2/drugs-condition.htm
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Adding my No to the long list of No's!
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No. No no no.

Even if they DID work (which they don't), do you want to be dependent on pills for your health? Eat less and move more, and you will get to your goal weight without any hinky side effects. I'd personally rather have a slower weight loss progress than poo my pants at work because of diet pills!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What they said! You need to plan for the rest of your life, not just now.