Fasted cardio. Yay or nay?

Options
13»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I think the best time is the time that fits into your schedule, the time you can consistently exercise. So yeah, I have done fasted cardio for years, because the only reliable time I can work out, every day, is at 5:30AM. Nobody is asking me for anything that early in the morning, so I drink a lot of water in the evening, roll out of bed, pee, put on the shoes, go walk till I warm up a little then jog, then run. Home, stretch, have a glass of water, usually no time for breakfast until 9:30, and it's not big. Big lunch, then smaller supper.

The limit for me is about an hour, if I try to jog more than an hour without eating or drinking anything, it feels bad. As long as it's shorter than that (and I have not ever managed to go longer than that under any conditions anyway, or not yet) it has worked fine to just drink water upon my return.

The difference between fasted/unfasted, in terms of results, is likely nowhere near the difference between being consistent and not being consistent.