Best weight gainer.

2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    oreos + ice cream

that is why we are homies to the end....

ride or die.

ride. or. die.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    1-1.5 cup 3.9% whole fat milk
    1 cup of oatmeal
    1-2 cups spinach
    2-3 tbsp gainzbutter
    1 banana
    Cup of blueberries
    1 scoop of whey protein(approx 24-27g protein)

Like Niner said, ON pro gainer is supposedly the best pre made weight gainer out there. I've yet to try it since shipping costs usually amount to too much even if it's on sale. But for protein to calorie ratio along with the amount of nutrients in it, it seems to be a very good product.

Why can't you just eat the equivalent macros in a meal?

I can't imagine giving up the chance to chow down for a .....smoothie??
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited March 2016
    Because sometimes I don't have the time to eat a 1000 calorie plus meal nor could I keep it down. The smoothie is the easiest and fastest way for me to get calories in. Plus I love smoothies.
  • Springfield1970
    I love smoothies too. On the side of a big meal! I hope I come back as a six foot 5 body builder next time. I'm hungry a lot of the time.
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    read the label and make sure it's clean carbs and not filled with sugar. RealGainz by Animal is a good one with very little sugar (not too sure of the name but it's in my diary so just read it)
    YOu can also just add full fat plain greek yogurt to your existing protein shake to turn it into a homemade gainer. It'll have more fat and protein than carbs tho so it's good for mornings or nights but not as good for post-workouts.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2016
    rickyll wrote: »
    read the label and make sure it's clean carbs and not filled with sugar. RealGainz by Animal is a good one with very little sugar (not too sure of the name but it's in my diary so just read it)
    YOu can also just add full fat plain greek yogurt to your existing protein shake to turn it into a homemade gainer. It'll have more fat and protein than carbs tho so it's good for mornings or nights but not as good for post-workouts.

You do realize that their is nothing "clean" about supplement powders, right? It's one of the most highly processed food items in the world so talking about "clean" in the same sentence as a supplement powder if just ironic.

You might as well skip the protein powder and just go with Greek yogurt and cottage cheese if you want a "cleaner" food and then just make a nice smoothie out of it with some PB and fruits etc. That's a great treat.
  • JoRocka

Oreos are clean carbs- assuming you only use original and double stuff.

The rest are just dirty traitors.
  • Wheelhouse15

You calling mint filling dirty traitors? I has hurt feelings. :wink:
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    A lifting buddy of mine swears by The King, a fried PB&B sandwich. Pan fry a banana in some butter. Then put it on a peanut butter sandwich and fry the sandwich in butter. If you are feeling froggy, add some bacon to it. Tons of protein, fat, carbs and sugar (caramelizing the banana).
  • JoRocka

They take second fiddle to girl scout cookies... lol I kid I kid.
    Honestly I haven't tried them- but I have tried many- and I always feel like I am doing the walk of shame back to my original oreos. The extra ones just disappoint me all the time.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    What do you like?

Eat more of that.

Easy, peasy.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

My mint, red velvet, peanut butter, and cinnamon roll ones say otherwise

Though admittedly, they are all inferior to the original.
  • Springfield1970
    A lifting buddy of mine swears by The King, a fried PB&B sandwich. Pan fry a banana in some butter. Then put it on a peanut butter sandwich and fry the sandwich in butter. If you are feeling froggy, add some bacon to it. Tons of protein, fat, carbs and sugar (caramelizing the banana).

There's so many things I like about this post. I quite often cure frogginess with bacon.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited March 2016

They take second fiddle to girl scout cookies... lol I kid I kid.
    Honestly I haven't tried them- but I have tried many- and I always feel like I am doing the walk of shame back to my original oreos. The extra ones just disappoint me all the time.

The best place for the mint filled ones is on my sundae! I'm not a huge cookie eater in any event but I love those GS mint chocolate!
  • Wheelhouse15

My father loved these sandwiches too but usually didn't do the fry part.
  • majkfit
    majkfit Posts: 7 Member

buddewilde wrote: »
    Oatmeal, peanut butter, whole milk, banana, cocoa powder, protein powder....blend.....deliciousness

Sounds bomb

Need to try this one
  • francesrosedooley
    francesrosedooley Posts: 30 Member
    Dark chocolate