HELP! Calorie deficit but not losing!

Options
2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My breakfast is 61 calories, lunch is 170. Admittedly, dinner is where I estimate with meat portions. I'll start weighing that and see if that makes a difference.

230 calories plus dinner ... what about coffee during the day? or an adult beverage? or a handful of whatever?

I only drink 0 calorie black coffee and water. I've even cut out the wine these past two weeks. I have a handful of sugar snap peas in the afternoon at work, but in all honesty, it is less than a cup. Absolutely no snacking at home, no nibbling on the kids food, nothing. I do think it comes down to not weighing my dinner though. I am probably consuming way more than i think i am.
    How do you cook your meat? Do you use oil? Also, are you close to the time of the month? How much salt do you add to your food?

When do you weigh yourself? How often? Also, are you making sure your scale is in the same place and on a flat surface? Are you using a digital or analogue scale? Do you weigh yourself the same way every time, eg before eating/after bm, with/without clothes, same scale? Have you recently changed the batteries in your scale if it is digital?

Also, can you please open your dairy?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    you are eating more than you think you are

k3lz7koqf7zg.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think you're freaking out over nothing. To be that stressed out over 5 lbs is kind of ridiculous. Enjoy your vacation and TRY to relax (if you can) should you not be able to lose that extra 5 lbs.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Just to add, your weight is never one number, it will continuously float up or down a little due to water weight fluctuations, digestion, etc. So since it's only been 3 weeks, and you are only dealing with 5 lbs, any progress you might have made could easily be hiding behind this natural weight fluctuation.

Having said that, I agree with advice you've already been given. Try weighing your portions for a while to avoid "calorie creep", add in some weight training, and have fun on your vacation :)