Remaining Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. What works for one person might not work for another. If you end your day and you don't feel starving or you don't feel like you need to eat, don't eat back the calories, but if you feel like you need fuel, you feel weak or exhausted than you can eat back some of them but all is not recommended. There were days last year that mfp would tell me I was in a 4,000 calorie deficit for the day but if I wasn't hungry I wouldn't eat anything back, other days I would eat back up to 2,000 extra calories and still lost just not as dramatically.
  • malinalee700
    malinalee700 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    His show is called "Extreme Weight Loss" so I'm not surprised his approach is going to be to drop the weight quickly. I expect Bob Harper would advise similarly.

He is very VERY pretty but that doesn't necessarily mean his advice is sound. But then again, I have no idea how much detail you gave them in your email, as to how much weight you have to lose and how long you plan to keep a greater deficit, and exactly what your deficits and intake look over the course of weeks or months.

According to the examples you gave, it appears that you're not even hitting your 1500 calorie goal, though? If that's the case, I don't see why you're staying so far under. Especially if you're exercising.

I'm eating 1500 plus the remaining after excercise. So at this time I've been eating more than the 1500 because of the added excercise. But I'm not losing lbs. I do mostly cardio. So I'm frustrated.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? How do you get your calorie burns?
  • malinalee700
    malinalee700 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use food scale, barcodes... I try to be as accurate as I can when recording calories. I burn calories on the treadmill on an incline. Sometimes I power walk or jog. I burn 300 to 700 depending on the day...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Packaged foods can be off, you need to weigh them too. Machines overstate calorie burns.