I love cheese.

Options

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too. I use mini bon bells light or Laughing cow swiss cheese with an apple as an afternoon snack. I also like a good parmesan cheese cut up with an apple. It is not as easy to over eat these as taking a good block of aged cheddar and cutting slices off.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Cheese is amazing. Eat it, but in smaller quantities so that it fits into your goals. I find that now that I eat cheese more consciously and in smaller amounts, I take the time to enjoy and appreciate it much, much more.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Cheese oh yes. I can't just have a little. I was eating way too much block cheese. Gave it up for lent the first few days were torture. I am good now... :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too. In fact one of my favourite meals is two toasted cheese sandwiches made with LOTS of cheese, to the point where it's oozing...when I lived at home and had a grill I would grill them on non-toasted bread then smoosh them together and that would make it even better. I love cheese...
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese everyday, and have been known to have it for every meal in some way from a mature cheddar , cheese string , baby bel, cottage cheese, soft cheese like Philly, Parmesan to more artisan cheeses.
    I can only afford 1200 ish net so earn a lot more cals in excersise to make sure I can fit in the cheesy goodness.
  • mrsyaya68
    mrsyaya68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I try to make cheese fit into my calories as often as possible. Most cheese "substitutes" just don't cut it.

But two things I do use - Pollyo string cheese (not the fat-free or 2%) only 80 calories each and I think they're yummy. And Laughing Cow cheese wedges - I love the Garlic & Herb, I use it as a sandwich spread instead of mayo, mix it into eggs, melt it into rice or quinoa, spread it onto an English muffin, etc.

What a great idea as a sub for Mayo!
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love cheese as well, but have cut it down to be a snack of its own with some crackers, etc. I never notice the lack of it on a sandwich, for instance, but as a stand alone it's awesome. You're ditching the extra calories of including it as a condiment in short. I liked the Laughing Cow's Gorgonzola a lot. String cheese is a nice treat, too.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 5 Ritz crackers with 1 oz of goat cheese and 2 oz of Cabot White Oak Cheddar for a snack. Filled me up and I worked it into my calorie goals.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love cheese. Laughing cow when calories are low. Lite string cheese @ 50 calories since I can't taste a difference from the 80 calorie. Cottage cheese 1 or 2% usually because of use by/expiration dates. Then everything else full fat/calorie but eaten in moderation .

Right now in my fridge just in my bucket (kids get their own and hands off mine lol) I have feta, goat milk brie, provolone slices, cheddar, fresh mozzarella, pepper jack, cream cheese, cottage cheese, string cheese, and laughing cow cheese.

That's a lot of cheese :D
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm Mozzarella
    ll5tfzzkavoy.jpg

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    944032_10153164259226566_1625763162588682124_n.jpg?oh=84c94965e267430fd36aeb5656f70511&oe=575747D4
  • chrissymfred
    chrissymfred Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every day. I have a small handheld grater, and I use that to serve it up, including for making grilled cheese sandwiches. It somehow helps me to eat a bit less than I would slicing. My favorite is Old Fashioned Colby, love the texture and flavor! But all cheese is heavenly.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love cheese, tooooooooooo...grated parmesan in my omelets, provolone on my pastrami sammies and extra sharp cheddar just for a snack. Yum!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. I eat goats cheese or extra mature/vintage cheddar nearly every day (M&S Cornish Cruncher *salivates*). I figure out how much I have room for, weigh it, grate it, and have it as a snack on crackers, usually when I get home from work..
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Eat the cheese.
  • lauraanne19862016
    lauraanne19862016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you all! Great ideas
  • kmbrvt99
    kmbrvt99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a definite food addict and am trying to learn to control my cravings. Unfortunately, cheese is one of those triggers that makes me binge, so I'd like to learn to make cheese a treat rather than an every day thing, but I crave it every single day!

Don't buy cheese then it won't be in the house =)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum, I love cheese too, add the wine, and lets have a party.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating cheese!! :yum:
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I eat it often. It's all about juggling around what you want. If you want cheese, eat it. Take something else out of the day that you'd miss less. Also, I agree about the sharper cheeses being 'enough' in a small amount. I don't even waste my time on mild cheese. "Mild" is the Moscato of the cheese world. No thanks.