I love cheese.

Options

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cheese, glorious cheese!
    Eat it! Work it into your calories for the day.
    If you want to cut the calories, use a cheese planer or vegetable peeler to shave pieces.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cheese. Hnnnng.

I generally just buy really good quality smaller portions that I know I can fit the entire lot into my day if I can't stop eating. I also happen to have a great cheese shop two minutes from my flat so can buy small portions of great cheese for a treat.

Otherwise cheese triangles and single serve snack pack cheeses are pretty good. Pre-portioned so I know exactly how much I'm eating.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My husband brought me a beautiful wedge of blue cheese from his trip to Wisconsin. It is so wonderful that I have been sacrificing my chocolate calories to fit in a minimum of one serving a day.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    another good cheese is the Sargento's Thin sliced cheese. 40 calories and perfect over eggs in the morning.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What makes me crave cheese SO BADLY and what alternative might curb that craving?

It's the sugar in cheeses that makes you crave them so bad. I love cheese myself, and I believe in moderation should be more than fine. Though, I love cheese fries, topped with chili...I know, I know, it's not healthy, but it makes my mouth water.

• alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love cheese i buy the cheese head little cheese sticks and eat 1 almost everyday jst try to make it fit in
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    7pro0lx3fpk7.jpg

Cheese? Oh it definitely fits in my day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    missionary-mice-teaching-about-cheeses.jpg

It doesn't really get old :D
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too!
    Sharp cheddar, white cheddar truffle cheese, mozzarella sticks, YES! Baked Brie omg I like Swiss cheese with fig preserves.
    Cheese for the WIN lol
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm with you on this one! I love cheese. There is actually a component of cheese that is addicting. I just read that and believe it!
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Cheese is AMAZING! But I prefer Mac and Bloo.

Cheese LOVES cereal, but not as much as chocolate milk.

Aww. I loved that television show.

As for OP, just eat the cheese? Work it into your calories. I buy the Babybel cheese wheels in bulk and keep them in my fridge. I have probably one or two a day because I love me some cheese.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my downfall. True Story.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I gave it up totally for 2 months. I was relying on it too much.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What makes me crave cheese SO BADLY and what alternative might curb that craving?

It's the sugar in cheeses that makes you crave them so bad. I love cheese myself, and I believe in moderation should be more than fine. Though, I love cheese fries, topped with chili...I know, I know, it's not healthy, but it makes my mouth water.

?? There's almost no sugar in cheese. People go nuts blaming everything on sugar.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

?? There's almost no sugar in cheese. People go nuts blaming everything on sugar.

This post bothered me too! Some studies would suggest it's the casein in cheese and other dairy products that make them a bit 'addictive'. In cheese it's also highly concentrated.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think it's the fat and salt that people crave. I am going without for 2 months as a personal challenge.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Now I want a whole wedge of brie.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    I think it's the fat and salt that people crave. I am going without for 2 months as a personal challenge.

You can think what you want but the studies say it's casein and casomorphin. Which are pretty essential for veal to get attached to drinking their mother's milk, and also why humans drink/eat it.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real.