50lbs by August 31st

rockyla
rockyla Posts: 72 Member
edited March 2016 in Challenges
Anyone care to join me?

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Sure, why not? That's almost 2lbs per week, which is definitely possible. Let's do this! Will you be making a group or will we check in here?
  • daizzi
    daizzi Posts: 36 Member
    I'm in! I want to lose about 50-60 pounds total. 2 pounds a week sounds doable and the challenge and the challenge members will help!
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    I was hoping to do that by October or so but I'll give August a try!
  • I'd like to try with y'all!
  • trying2bfitinwi
    trying2bfitinwi Posts: 23 Member
    Count me in!
  • Bodaciousbabe43
    Bodaciousbabe43 Posts: 2 Member
    Will be happy to join you in trying to reach this goal.
  • rockyla
    rockyla Posts: 72 Member
    Great! I'm so glad to have all of you join and I can't wait to watch us all reach this goal near the end of summer... we will be well on our way by the time summer really starts! I weigh in on Thursdays and just decided to get serious with getting fit this last Thursday. Of course my fitbit will no longer charge so I'm off to get a new one to help me stay active.
    Lets check in here. If any of you have been in any challenges and have tips on things that worked that we need to add to ours please feel chime in at any time.
    Here are my basic stats:
    start weight 181.7
    goal weight 130
    3/3 181.7
  • fit4meby48
    fit4meby48 Posts: 51 Member
    This sounds like the perfect challenge and a great birthday present for me. Since my birthday is in August!! What strategies is everyone trying. I am logging my food as I eat it (thanks to MFP) and walking.
    start weight 264
    goal weight 214
    Good luck to everyone

• dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    edited March 2016
    If it's not to late I would like to join in with everyone.
    starting weight 261
    Goal weight 211
    Good luck everyone!
    If you have some tips that would be great!
  • Givingit_anothergo
    Givingit_anothergo Posts: 1 Member
    I'll take part;

Start weight: 203.5lbs
    Goal weight for this challenge: 153.5lbs
    Overall goal weight: 133lbs

I plan to exercise at least 3 times per week for an hour a time and on all other days, just stick within the calorie goal.

Good luck to everyone from me also :).
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd like to join, but I highly recommend making a group for this challenge. It's a lot easier to navigate the different topics which will undoubtedly show up here. Either way, I'll give it a shot.

SW: 253 lbs
    GW: 203 lbs

The only tip I have most of you already know. It's using the calories in vs calories out technique and using the equation 3500 cal = 1 lbs. There's also a calculator to figure out how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight, so if you figure that out you can do the math yourself to figure out how much you want to eat and exercise. I know MFP does this all for you, but I prefer doing the math myself.

When is the first weigh-in?
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Start weight 236
    Goal weight 186

I don't have a lot of tips. I did this before but had a baby and some health issues and it all sort of fell apart. So here I go again. I log/ weigh everything and generally treat my calories as currency. If I want to eat something extra I try to earn it with exercise. I agree with momo above. It's fun to do the math yourself. I'm able to eat way more than I would have thought and still lose. I think I must have been drinking about 1000 cal of sweet tea a day or something lol
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    When is our first weigh in?
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Gahhh! That would almost get me to ONEDERLAND!
    HW 296 11/29/2015
    SW 256.2 3/5/16
    GW 206 by 8/31/16
    I've just been focusing on trying to stay below my base calorie allowance and don't eat back activity calories. I had been eating basically the same things most days, but now am having fun mixing it up with lower calorie versions of foods I love (it feels like a fun challenge to make something healthy and make it fit in my calories). I am not sure why this time around has been so easy to stay motivated, but it has been. :+1:
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    I'll try
    SW 225 3/5/16
    GW 175 8/31/16
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    I'm in if I can still join

SW 167
    GW 117

I have been watching intake and working out 3days a week plus walks. I also gave up Diet Coke..... This will time perfectly with my trip to Panama!
  • cangar
    cangar Posts: 2 Member
    Count me in!!!
  • barikaleftridge
    barikaleftridge Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in.
    SW 181
    GW 130
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Ok, I'm in! I've never joined a challenge before!!
    SW 176.5
    GW 126.5
    (Final GW 120)
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Ok, I'm in! I've never joined a challenge before!!
    SW 176.5
    GW 126.5
    (Final GW 120)

It's my first time as well.