Am I a slow runner?

Options
13»

Replies

• maca416
    maca416 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been running for a couple of months now & started off doing 5K in 46 mins so stuck at it got it down to 32 mins then made the mistake of getting obsessed with times & distance. Ran 7 miles last weekend & overstretched myself so cant run at all now as I have strained my left calf muscle so im slower than you, 5K would take me a day.
    Unless you are walking backwards then things will always move forwards just enjoy it I will be thinking of you while I sit here wishing I had just gone steady & stopped worrying about times & speed. I can't wait to get out running again but I'm happy with my 32 min 5K for now.
  • slyce0flife
    slyce0flife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ironhajee wrote: »
    Runz4Life wrote: »
    Anyone else think this was a fishing for compliments attempt?

And what if it is? We all need support and reality checks. This OP is doing great by wanting to know where he/she stands in the big picture.

Is it really going to cost much to say something supportive? No.

Maybe not, but the OP has yet to respond back. There is no use in asking this question in a forum type setting if they had no intentions of discussing the responses. I'll support anyone, but this legitimately seems like someone that really just wanted us to pat them on their back when they full well know their 5K speed is above average.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    on my BEST day, i run a 12 minute mile on the road. on a treadmill i can do about a 10 minute mile.

but i also dont consider myself a runner....

with my dog, i average a 14 minute mile.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Faster than those sat at home on the sofa, that is all that matters.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options

And what if it is? We all need support and reality checks. This OP is doing great by wanting to know where he/she stands in the big picture.

Maybe not, but the OP has yet to respond back. There is no use in asking this question in a forum type setting if they had no intentions of discussing the responses. I'll support anyone, but this legitimately seems like someone that really just wanted us to pat them on their back when they full well know their 5K speed is above average.

Yeah good point.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Thanks, nice response.