Does eating healthier foods cause more weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    If I ate 1200 calories of veggies and healthy foods will I lose more weight than if I ate 1200 of less healthy foods (Meaning greasy burgers, french fries...even though I know it's not necessarily unhealthy in and of itself in moderation)?

I'm vegan and eat that many calories or less but I've still gained weight. Unless you're eating all clean foods you probably won't lose any more weight than 1200 calories of French fries...

Uh no.

If you eat all fruit veggies and grains you would lose weight. I'm saying if you eat 1200 calories of vegan pizza, burgers, junk food you wouldn't lose any more weight than if you ate meat junk food items. Junk is junk.

Still wrong. You would gain weight if you ate more than you burned, regardless of what it was. Meat does not equal junk. Meat is meat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Reading this munching on a delicious Wendy's burger and fries. Absolutely yummy, totally satisfying and well within my caloric allotment for the day. Win/win! :)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I could eat a boatload of so-called healthy foods for 1200 calories....not so much if I went fast food/candy/junk. So for me, I absolutely adore eating a TON vs just maybe a small amount for those 1200 calories. so does this mean I still get my candy in? Well duh, of course! but I prefer candy over fast food lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nope. But you can eat a lot moar food if you go with lower-calorie options, which makes things easier. I'm all for eating what you want as long as it fits your calorie deficit, but I don't like being hungry, either.