Dog Lovers' Walk-Buddy Challenge

Options
smallgraycat
smallgraycat Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2016 in Challenges
I know I don't walk my dogs every day like I should. Sometimes the excuse is bad weather, sometimes it's being tired after or before work, sometimes it's time constraints, sometimes it's pure laziness.

Our furry besties need exercise too, and I'm starting a self-challenge to take a brisk 30 minute walk with my dogs every day, rain or snow or shine.

If you have pups and you'd like to join the challenge, star this post and log in every day to update your minutes walked with your four-legged friend. Your dog and your body will be grateful!

Replies

• martijones83
    martijones83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in! I try to walk my dog ( a boxer beagle mix) 3-4 times a week for a distance of 2-2.5 miles!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    We're in. :D

3 miles a day on weekdays, sometimes more on weekends.

bhzfonlqyxzq.jpg
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    mzk4r13w1ufe.jpeg
    I walk Dora ever time I go for a walk she goes with me. When I put my shoes on she's at my side ready to go.
  • cyberjill
    cyberjill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Got out with my dogs and walked 33 min.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Gus and I went for a 2.1 league walk today... that's right... league.

ctao4p6ifaty.jpg
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I kno this isnt part of the discussion but how do u guys post pictures? Also i walk my fog every day lol he dosnt like to walk
  • cyberjill
    cyberjill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walked 4.75 km. Trail muddy. Had to deal with a muddy dog.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    cyberjill wrote: »
    Walked 4.75 km. Trail muddy. Had to deal with a muddy dog.

don't sound so excited.lol.
  • gogogoat417
    gogogoat417 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge. Starting today!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is such a cool idea! My husband and I were just talking about how our pup doesn't get enough exercise.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    30 minute brisk walk! icecnvgzep5j.jpg
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Have you guys heard about the 'Walk for a Dog' app by WoofTrax?

It's a fundraising/tracking app, and every mile you walk (with or without your dog, but theoretically with :smile:) earns money for the shelter/rescue of your choice. So my dog and I walk for the rescue organization we got him from. We used to use Charity Miles to walk for the ASPCA, but I like Walk for a Dog because our efforts are helping a organization that is particularly close to our hearts. They've posted about it on FB, so I know they've actually gotten checks.

Please check it out! I'm not affiliated with the app, I just love animals.

10300026_543291715791446_5498767818606299722_n.png?oh=1d93aee17693d53e81482de80a1354e1&oe=57578322
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »

It's a fundraising/tracking app, and every mile you walk (with or without your dog, but theoretically with :smile:) earns money for the shelter/rescue of your choice. So my dog and I walk for the rescue organization we got him from. We used to use Charity Miles to walk for the ASPCA, but I like Walk for a Dog because our efforts are helping a organization that is particularly close to our hearts. They've posted about it on FB, so I know they've actually gotten checks.

I use Charity Miles, but find the app often crashes on my phone, defeating the purpose, so definitely going to check this one out!

My pup and I walk 2-4 miles daily, more on weekends. It's my favorite time of the day <3
  • melaniem117
    melaniem117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • rMullanix
    rMullanix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in !
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Funny...I started that two days ago...so yes I am in!! I have two to walk, they are moving a little slow these days. One is soon to be 11 and the other will be 10. Love my doggies!!!
  • CharleyGrace4
    CharleyGrace4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »

10300026_543291715791446_5498767818606299722_n.png?oh=1d93aee17693d53e81482de80a1354e1&oe=57578322

Thank you for sharing this app info .. We will start tracking our walks this afternoon .. We have accepted & met the challenge thus far! ❤️✨
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Trixie and I did 5 miles today. Will post a pic tomorrow. Going to try and do at least 2 miles a day with her. She's getting fat!