Dog Lovers' Walk-Buddy Challenge

Options

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I have to say I feel strongly about this. When you commit to a pet, it's your responsibility to meet their needs. It makes me feel really sad to see young and capable dogs sitting at the vets, morbidly obese with arthritis and heart problems, because their owners let them get to this state.
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    fe7jxadmknpl.jpg

Archer and I are ready for the challenge
  • lkirchner82
    lkirchner82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about your local shelter dogs, either! If you want to burn a few extra calories, head to the nearest shelter to walk some exceptionally appreciative pups. They are always grateful to have some extra time out of their pens. I typically go on Saturdays. Feel good about making a difference and getting some exercise in the process!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Great idea! In with little miss Riley!

gtj2sp9djm4f.jpg
  • starryeyes1213
    starryeyes1213 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I try my best to walk mine every day. Sometimes in the morning and in the evening. We walk at least a mile each walk. Just got done tonight's walk.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Didn't want to walk but hard to resist those big brown smiling eyes. Went for a stroll in the park & ended up running into an old friend! We swapped numbers & now I have another walking companion! :#
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    2.2 miles with Loxley today :)
  • motivatebby
    motivatebby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Took the beast for another 15 minute walk :)27qhs24bxq8k.jpeg
  • ageage22
    ageage22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me and my Buddy are in!

h2x6zo4p0hax.jpeg
  • CollieFit
    Options
    fe7jxadmknpl.jpg

Kara says "You show me yours, I show you mine!"

0vraskjcb8ak.jpg
  • CollieFit
    Options
    @ageage22 - Buddy looks very smart with his little dickiebow. :D
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Don't forget about your local shelter dogs, either! If you want to burn a few extra calories, head to the nearest shelter to walk some exceptionally appreciative pups. They are always grateful to have some extra time out of their pens. I typically go on Saturdays. Feel good about making a difference and getting some exercise in the process!

Great reminder!!!! I used to do that in my lunch breaks when I worked near a dog rescue. <3
  • 4mam
    4mam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great idea. I'm in.
  • gethntysear
    Options
    So Archer and I hit every park in our area, using mapmyrun and pacer turns out we walked 6miles and over 12000 steps. Really motivating thread!
  • gethntysear
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    fe7jxadmknpl.jpg

Kara says "You show me yours, I show you mine!"

0vraskjcb8ak.jpg

Need to start a hat club!
  • CollieFit
    Options
    We did 4.5 miles around rural Wiltshire today. Lots of little lambs out bleating. :smile:
    89ztvtu6drho.jpg
  • CollieFit
    Options
    And sometimes we sit and watch them...
    57f6230mk4yg.jpg
  • 4mam
    4mam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Got in 3.5 with my pup, Jasmine today. She loved every second. A pic w a hat will be coming soon. Love the pics.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    4 miles in the park with 2 dogs! Think I got a pretty good arm work out as well thanks to all the squirrels!
  • Cristina9219
    Cristina9219 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Walking my dog was my first step in getting active. Little longer each day and before I knew it I'd have to drop him at home because he was tired and I'd head back out. I second the suggestion to walk some shelter dogs! Everyone wins.