Fast food no longer good to me

Options
mkh858
mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
So I had Burger King yesterday, since I started my new healthy life style I gave up fast food, but I was out and it happened.
However when I ate what I did it no longer tasted good it actually made me feel worse.
Has this happened to any of you?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends. A lot of things I find way too salty now. I had a filet-o-fish a couple months back though, found it delicious, but it didn't fill me up one bit for the calories...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've never thought that fast food tasted good. Most of it is barely passable as actual food. I just figure there's a lot of people with broken taste buds or something...I don't know how people eat that pig slop on any kind of a routine basis.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    I've never really enjoyed fast food, it is an absolute a last resort for me.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have half a mcmuffin for breakfast most days, but other than that i dont eat fast food hardly ever.

i eat out all the time, but not fast food.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    There's a lot I used to like and now find bland and/or salty and some upsets my stomach a lot.

I used to love getting a whopper no cheese no mayo and onion rings. I can no longer eat a whole whopper most of the time and the onion rings make me ill :'( . If I go I get just a junior whopper.

Other stuff I've changed what I order or ask they add no salt and I don't waste calories on fake plastic textured American cheese slices. I love the grilled chicken at kfc more than I ever liked their fried. Dog gets the biscuit lol

I'm not anti salt it's just so much stuff has way too much and I can't taste anything but salt.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    haven't had fast food for maybe 3 years, but I know I like food with little or no salt on it now. The same with sugar. I had a oreo cookie and found it was gross (the frosting). I still eat chocolate with no problem though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had a McDouble when the 2 for $1 deal was first released and didn't enjoy it as much I used too. The mozzarella sticks were pretty decent and their fries can still be some of the best fast food fries.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Depends on the fast food restaurant. Places like Burger King and KFC should have troughs instead of dining tables, IMO.

Places like Chipotle, Taco Bell, and Panda Express have good options. Actually provides decent caloric/macro/micro bang for your buck.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep! I used to love Big Mac meals, and had it at least once a week. The last Big mac I had was over a year ago, it still tasted good but made me feel like crap for a few hours afterward..
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I stopped eating most fast food ages ago and don't really like it (in part because it seems overly salty and greasy), but I think I mostly stopped eating it because I didn't like it, not the other way around.

There are plenty of high calorie foods I eat rarely that I still love. However, I do think that what you eat forms your palate to some extent.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yep. What a great day that was! I was thrilled when it no longer appealed to me. Made everything so much easier.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep. What a great day that was! I was thrilled when it no longer appealed to me. Made everything so much easier.

Yes and no, lol. It sucks when you're hungry and all there is around is fast food.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    Options
    I don't cook so really anything that's made *for* me tastes good. :)
  • moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food months ago, tried a fish sandwich the other day...ending up throwing most of it away. :s
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It wasn't "fast" food, but I ate nachos and a cheese plate friday and I've been paying for it ever since. Tasted ok, but my intestines have been incredibly angry ever since.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    mkh858 wrote: »
    So I had Burger King yesterday, since I started my new healthy life style I gave up fast food, but I was out and it happened.
    However when I ate what I did it no longer tasted good it actually made me feel worse.
    Has this happened to any of you?

Yes, my husband & I stopped at McDonald's a couple weeks ago on our way home from visiting family out of state, a quick breakfast. I had one breakfast burrito. Several hours later after arriving home I went for my hike and honestly thought about puking it up. I was burping up sausage tasting burps. It was awful. Perhaps it was just the sausage and a McGriddle wouldn't have done that. I don't know, but haven't wanted any fast food since.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Because Burger King. I got violently ill 30 years ago eating at BK and have never stepped through the doors again. It's like Kamikazis, I don't drink those anymore either.
  • 1sgs
    1sgs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bought a fast food meal years ago while out and about in the car. It was a summer day. I remember getting back into the car after the windows had been up and the car setting in the sun. The smell of fast food wrappers about made me barf. I believe that day to be my turning point on using fast food for nutritional purposes. I simply do not go to those places anymore. Anyone can look up nutritional information or Youtube videos on the slop that fast food really is (think chicken "nuggets").
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yes and no, lol. It sucks when you're hungry and all there is around is fast food.

Eh, there are ways around it, or you suck it up and eat it. But I love that it doesn't call to me any more!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I don't cook so really anything that's made *for* me tastes good. :)

I hear you. I didnt cook when I began my journey. I had to do a crash course.