Fast food no longer good to me

Options
2»

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Most fast food I stay away from completely. It doesn't appeal to me/not worth the calories. However, a Whataburger with cheese, fries and a milkshake once every couple of months is absolutely worth every calorie to me. Weirdly, I never had Whataburger when I was obese.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I still like it when I eat it, which is rarely.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    mkh858 wrote: »
    So I had Burger King yesterday, since I started my new healthy life style I gave up fast food, but I was out and it happened.
    However when I ate what I did it no longer tasted good it actually made me feel worse.
    Has this happened to any of you?
    So I had Burger King yesterday, since I started my new healthy life style I gave up fast food, but I was out and it happened.
    However when I ate what I did it no longer tasted good it actually made me feel worse.

Ye. I still eat them if in a pinch but I love the taste of my own lean beef burgers.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Would I rather have an at home grilled burger or from a good restaurant? yes. I still find all the fast food places i like taste good to me. They have never been as good as a higher "quality" meal, but always taste good to me.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I had ice cream two days ago. I was never a big ice cream eater, but it had been a while since I had some. I ate it and a couple of hours later, I had horrible gas and stomach cramps. It sooooo wasn't worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had ice cream two days ago. I was never a big ice cream eater, but it had been a while since I had some. I ate it and a couple of hours later, I had horrible gas and stomach cramps. It sooooo wasn't worth it.

I was craving a big sundae from Rita's 2 years ago. Just frozen custard in a waffle bowl with some caramel sauce and whipped cream.

I spent the rest of the day on the toilet. Never again.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I do feel bad for folks who have problems. I've been maintaining my weight loss for 15 years, rarely go to fast food, but still can handle it when I do.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    All of this is just making me crave a burger
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I was craving a big sundae from Rita's 2 years ago. Just frozen custard in a waffle bowl with some caramel sauce and whipped cream.

I spent the rest of the day on the toilet. Never again.

So glad I'm not the only one! I don't really drink much milk but I can consume stuff like chocolate ok. It's only ice cream that causes issues so I don't really think I am fully lactose interolant, maybe I'm just not used to it anymore so it upsets my stomach. I was telling my boyfriend that the stomach cramps were worse than labor pains, and having been through labor, I can honestly say that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's pretty unusual when fast food would be the only option. The one time it is (and the one time I ever get it) is during a road trip.

I love lactose and am so happy that I react positively to dairy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    No problem for me. Except for contests (back in my 20's) I've had fast food at least once a day every week I've been alive. I lived on the road for 12 years doing door to door, so cooking wasn't always an option when you only had 5-10 minutes to eat for each meal. Now that I'm older, I still hit my favorites once or twice a week for one meal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Hi
    If I eat a BK these days I get a Whopper no Cheese or Mayo and eat the Meat as a chopped steak and the Lettuce, Tomatoes and Onions as a salad. The way I look at it is the meat is flame broiled and less fat than in the burgers from the other fast food places. I do tend to throw away the bun. I find that most Diner and most fast food is way to salty anymore. This is coming from someone that used to shake extra salt on a order of french fries :) I have only used a pinch of salt a couple of times in the last two+ years and my taste for salt is gone.

Have a Nice Week
    Roger
  • rachaelbell21
    rachaelbell21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had buffet food yesterday (it was my sons birthday), pizza, crisps, cake etc. I can honestly say I didn't enjoy it and it actually made me feel a bit sick. This morning I struggled with my circuit training which I don't usually, so I think I will be sticking with my usual lower calorie food to fuel my workouts better!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had buffet food yesterday (it was my sons birthday), pizza, crisps, cake etc. I can honestly say I didn't enjoy it and it actually made me feel a bit sick. This morning I struggled with my circuit training which I don't usually, so I think I will be sticking with my usual lower calorie food to fuel my workouts better!
    Blech, buffet pizza is the worst.

• AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My kids like the playground at McDonalds. We go every few weeks as a special treat. I get a Big Mac and a side salad and diet coke, coming in around 600 calories for lunch. Still tastes good to me! But so do most things :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My experience is that my taste for homecooked meals has increased, while the taste for fast food stays the same. This tends to steer me in the direction of homecooked. I've also started to enjoy cooking my own food, so all in all I'm happy :)

lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I love lactose and am so happy that I react positively to dairy.
    I loled a bit :D
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    it no longer tasted good it actually made me feel worse.

Nope, sounds like a bummer, but people like different things.

FWIW, I love fast food. The faster the better. I'm getting into 7-11's newer pre-made offerings now, that you pick off a refrigerated shelf and then they heat up for you behind the counter. I like to pretend I'm an astronaut.