Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Looking it up!
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool looking it up, I don't drive so I walk everywhere not so much on the running bit yet. I also work in elderly frail / nursing / dementia so I am on the front lines for a lot of the illnesses these charities support.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Dovekat wrote: »
    Sounds cool looking it up, I don't drive so I walk everywhere not so much on the running bit yet. I also work in elderly frail / nursing / dementia so I am on the front lines for a lot of the illnesses these charities support.

Thank you for your amazing work!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I love Charity Miles! Its a great ap....I do find though that the distances can be off. So I dont use to to log my own personal miles...I wear a garmin too.
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I love Charity Miles! Its a great ap....I do find though that the distances can be off. So I dont use to to log my own personal miles...I wear a garmin too.

100% agree
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! This will be even more motivation for me to log those miles.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Interesting...thank you for sharing.

I linked my FitBit to the Walgreens Wellness program and have earned $15 worth of points in the last six months just from walking. I don't get prescriptions from Walgreens or buy much else there, but they don't seem to care.

I wonder how many other similar programs there are around that tie fitness to rewards of some sort.
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    Interesting...thank you for sharing.

I linked my FitBit to the Walgreens Wellness program and have earned $15 worth of points in the last six months just from walking. I don't get prescriptions from Walgreens or buy much else there, but they don't seem to care.

I wonder how many other similar programs there are around that tie fitness to rewards of some sort.

Would be good to know, it motivates me for sure. I'm currently also focused on getting out of the Green group on Nike Running. On 341km to go!
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! It was just the motivation I was looking for this morning as I was debating a run :) I donated $0.64 to She's the First (a non-profit I love) and got a nice run in. So excited to use this for every run and see how much I can donate this year.
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you. I don't do much walking/running, but maybe I will more often, knowing it's for a good cause. Motivation is a splendid thing!
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    Bumping my own post because it is for a good cause - come on guys!

I raised $1.20 for Parkinsons this morning. Join me an support children, women's, education, health, AIDS/HIV, developing world etc charities.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for recommending it ....I downloaded it and picked 3 charities :)
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    Thanks for recommending it ....I downloaded it and picked 3 charities :)

Wahoo!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I chose wounded warrior, one for animals and St. Jude :)
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm downloading it now. Sounds like a great scheme.
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    Thank you! I'm downloading it now. Sounds like a great scheme.

I'm glad my bump got two new charity milers :smiley:
  • PTSDUK
    PTSDUK Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    sitting in bed downloading. i assume this will benefit UK charities as well?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Does it work on a stationary bike?

I'm now really sad I didn't learn from this 3 years ago :(
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    edub12345 wrote: »
    I hope this is legit! Downloading now :)

I'm just really passionate about giving back and especially about finding a cure for Parkinson's. We have lost 2 of my granduncles and 2 of my grandaunts on my dad's side, my grandmother has it (dad's mom) and my grandfather on my mother's side was diagnosed 2 years ago.

My dad passed away from a rare form of Parkinson's called PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy). I am going to download this app. Also, psp.org is an awesome website.
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    diwijo13 wrote: »
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    edub12345 wrote: »
    I hope this is legit! Downloading now :)

I'm just really passionate about giving back and especially about finding a cure for Parkinson's. We have lost 2 of my granduncles and 2 of my grandaunts on my dad's side, my grandmother has it (dad's mom) and my grandfather on my mother's side was diagnosed 2 years ago.

My dad passed away from a rare form of Parkinson's called PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy). I am going to download this app. Also, psp.org is an awesome website.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, I can only imagine as the people I have lost have been part of my extended family. Hopefully together we can make even the tiniest difference.

I'll check out that site. x