How much water do you drink a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I try for 3 liters, but I've been getting in 4 or more because of the weather
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I drink about 144 oz. a day which is about 18 glasses. Sometimes more.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a minimum of 2 litres a day. Take 2 1 litre bottles with me to work and aim to finish both before hometime at 5:15pm. I then carry on drinking more in the evening but don't really track it so long as I know I've had my 2 litre bottles already
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    I cut out all soda's and juice. the only things I drink are water and milk. I always have water bottles with me because I hate tap water I try to drink about 8 a day. not easy, I make sure that I drink after meals otherwise I get bloated and have a hard time eating. but the bad thing is I have to piss all the time. another way you can tell if your getting enough water is by looking at the color of your urine. It should be very lite almost clear if your getting enough.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I do, but I do not force myself to drink water. If I do more exercise or work and it is hot out I definitely drink more water. I also do not count all the water in the lemonade or other beverages I drink.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 to 4 32 ounce cups of water every day. And that's just the water. Throw in the diet coke with lunch or the coffee in the morning or the beer at dinner (yes, they're still liquid. To some level they still count, let the argument begin)...
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    For some strange reason, I can only get 6 glasses of water down per day.

It's not strange, it's all you need. There is NO data to back up needing 8 8oz glasses of water a day let alone 4 litres.

Why do people force feed themselves water because of Chinese whispers on the Internet? I even saw a twitter remark by someone saying their doctor told them they had to drink a litre of water for every cup of coffee they drank. That's utter rubbish! But because it came from a doctor, it's suddenly gospel.

I drink 2 pints of water a day, sometimes more, but very rarely. You get most of your water from food.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    1 to 1.5 gals a day. That is all I drink.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible water drinker unfortunately. I probably drink 3 or 4 glasses at the most a day and that's pushing it. I drink more on days that I go to Zumba class. I drink coffee in the morning (diuretic, I know) and iced tea or a smoothie for lunch or dinner. If I don't remember to bring a bottle to work with me, I'll go without water. It's a bad habit I need to break and I need to try harder to drink more. Probably why my weight is not going anywhere!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible water drinker unfortunately. I probably drink 3 or 4 glasses at the most a day and that's pushing it. I drink more on days that I go to Zumba class. I drink coffee in the morning (diuretic, I know) and iced tea or a smoothie for lunch or dinner. If I don't remember to bring a bottle to work with me, I'll go without water. It's a bad habit I need to break and I need to try harder to drink more. Probably why my weight is not going anywhere!

Coffee is not a duirectic - honestly - think about it - how much of your cup is actually water.............. and I have lost my weight with only a few glasses of water here and there - its a lot of chinese whispers (as someone else said) - just drink what is comfortable for you.
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    Around 15 glasses! :)
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I carry around a bottle that's about a liter and some.
    some days I have to refill it twice.
  • SierraDoll
    Options
    About 51oz
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    2.5-4 lts a day...
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    How much water one drinks is largely circumstantial. When I lived in Phoenix and was outside for a majority of the day, I would drink over 300 oz. each day in the summer, excluding meal times. That's 37.5 cups, 2.3 gallons, or 8.9 liters. Now that I live elsewhere, I'm inside most of the day. I drink out of a 20 oz water bottle instead of a 100 oz Camelback. I empty the bottle once before I workout, once throughout the workout, and once after. Then I drink what I feel like at meal times. The point is that no one formula is a magic formula. When it comes to drinking water, listening to your body is actually a good idea.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I've always just had ~ 1 big pint glass every hour or so, because I'm thirsty all the time & love the taste of water (fave drink, actually).
  • dqgirl1
    dqgirl1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually drink about 100 oz a day...sometimes more but I usually keep it around there