Check Myfitnesspal prior to ordering!

Options
13»

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Why would you order triple triple? regardless of size the cream and sugar in it is proportional to the size...if you like a large double double order the extra large double double...

I don't do Tim's any more except when I am on the go getting groceries on the weekend...it's awful and so inconsistent.

Cream is 18% MF...sugar is spooned out and usually burnt...ick.

Give me fresh brewed at home thx.

because it wont taste the same lol. my flaw was in ordering anything but a medium double double. but I had a free one and I it's Monday.. and I didn't realize the HOW MUCH more.. Of course I didn't realize... I hadn't had my coffee yet :D

I fresh brew when I have time.. this morning was first day back to school for 2 kids and work after march break .. you can imagine my morning lol I needed the coffee...

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    Haha I remember like 2-3 years ago, I was new to eating "healthy" and exercising. I was doing really well though, cooking most of my own meals and watching what I eat. One day I was out and about with my mom and she decided to stop at Starbucks. I thought, "what the hell, get me an old fav, a venti white mocha. Can't be that terrible."
    I drank the whole thing even though it tasted way too sweet. I think I got like a crazy sugar rush then an awful crash and I finally looked at the nutrition facts online and I actually started crying. "600 calories?? For THAT???"

I had a similar thing happen - only it was a milkshake from a fast food place. I was thinking around 350 calories for it (which I made room for) nope - 715 calories later haha so that started my own milkshake shop at my house haha

715 for just one milkshake? wow.. I hope it was the yummiest milkshake ever at that "cost"

Easy enough. A large (32 oz) milkshake from Whataburger is 910 calories!

To be fair 32 oz is a ginormous milkshake lol

Oh I agree. They do it big there haha.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Its insane how much calories are in things that even seam healthy. I have found we I go out which happens once even few months I just order what I want which is something fattening and over 1,000 calories ;) I have seen salads that even without dressing are over 900 calories so I just go for what I want...pasta for a little more calories!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I finished my kids' pancake at IHOP yesterday (hear finish = eat the 80% of it that she didn't want). 400 calories later (plus I had to count 2 tbsp of syrup as I don't know how much she put on there). SIGH.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OMG.

I usually just have a regular double double ( coffee here in Canada) in the morning. It's about 210 Cals.for it. I got a free coffee this morning, with it being Monday, I ordered a Large triple triple..

420 Cals later when you are under 5 feet tall is A LOT of calories for just one coffee lol

I wont be making THAT mistake again !! eep!

Anyone else have similar experiences and wish they would have checked in here prior to ordering and consuming?

If you normally do a medium double double, why with a large would you go tripple tripple? Did you know that they size the cream for the size of the cup so a double double tastes like a double double regardless of size. that said I drink single single with milk from Tims, black from places that sell "good" coffee.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I wanted a treat a couple weeks ago, never really looked at ice cream Calories because I eat it like once a year. Anyway, went through DQ, decided to get a small red velvet blizzard. I've never seen a small blizzard so I thought it was going to be a child sized mini cup, maybe 350 Calories. NOPE, that thing was HUGE and 640 Calories on top of it. Thankfully after forcing half of it down (didn't want to waste, should have) I wasn't hungry for a good 4 hours.

Lesson learned.

I hare a small blizzard once or twice a summer with my teen lol I dunno how people eat all that ice cream at one time or size medium or large .. just wow! lol.

How was the red velvet one? lol

I hate to say it, but soooo worth it for that one time, lol.
    A close friend said you can get a smaller size and it's closer to the 300 Calories I was thinking originally.

There is a mini size, at least there is here
  • erickirb
    Options
    Why would you order triple triple? regardless of size the cream and sugar in it is proportional to the size...if you like a large double double order the extra large double double...

I don't do Tim's any more except when I am on the go getting groceries on the weekend...it's awful and so inconsistent.

because it wont taste the same lol. my flaw was in ordering anything but a medium double double. but I had a free one and I it's Monday.. and I didn't realize the HOW MUCH more.. Of course I didn't realize... I hadn't had my coffee yet :D

I fresh brew when I have time.. this morning was first day back to school for 2 kids and work after march break .. you can imagine my morning lol I needed the coffee...

Actually a large double double tastes the same as a medium double double, tastes the same as a small double double. they have machines that measure it out so the same % of your cup will have cream regardless of size. a large triple triple will taste like a medium triple triple, not a medium double double.
  • majigurl
    Options
    Its insane how much calories are in things that even seam healthy. I have found we I go out which happens once even few months I just order what I want which is something fattening and over 1,000 calories ;) I have seen salads that even without dressing are over 900 calories so I just go for what I want...pasta for a little more calories!

Exactly, sometimes you just can't get around it :/

• majigurl
    Options
    I wanted a treat a couple weeks ago, never really looked at ice cream Calories because I eat it like once a year. Anyway, went through DQ, decided to get a small red velvet blizzard. I've never seen a small blizzard so I thought it was going to be a child sized mini cup, maybe 350 Calories. NOPE, that thing was HUGE and 640 Calories on top of it. Thankfully after forcing half of it down (didn't want to waste, should have) I wasn't hungry for a good 4 hours.

Lesson learned.

I hare a small blizzard once or twice a summer with my teen lol I dunno how people eat all that ice cream at one time or size medium or large .. just wow! lol.

How was the red velvet one? lol

I hate to say it, but soooo worth it for that one time, lol.
    A close friend said you can get a smaller size and it's closer to the 300 Calories I was thinking originally.

There is a mini size, at least there is here

I'll have to ask. I know it isn't up on the size listing on the menu board. Maybe they have a smaller size that they aren't posting?

• majigurl
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

Actually a large double double tastes the same as a medium double double, tastes the same as a small double double. they have machines that measure it out so the same % of your cup will have cream regardless of size. a large triple triple will taste like a medium triple triple, not a medium double double.

I'm still new to coffee . about 3 years drinking it and only about one year drinking it at timmies.. THAT bit of info would have been prenominal!! Now I know.
    Double Double just means ( in my head ) 2 sugars 2 creams.
    so if you add double double to a small amount of coffee you are getting the same amount of sugar/cream as in a large doube double which would weaken the taste and make it more bitter. I was trying to avoid that. :blush:

I have the worse sweet tooth and don't like bitter. I can tell you one thing.. my large tripe triple was really yummy lol

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    No, I never get anything from a place with calories posted without checking the calories.
    And I never get anything besides coffee in coffee, because it tastes better black.

YES... This.
    Also, save the money on eating out, take cooking classes or buy some books and learn to make all this food with much better ingredients at home. Its well worth the effort and so rewarding.

I totally agree. But sometimes I'm just tired of cooking and having to figure out meals that the whole family will eat, and I need a break. But I'm picky about the restaurant we go to and it needs to have low calorie options and be easy to log (chain with nutrition online, or easy stuff like plain sushi).
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    What was in that coffee?!?!?! My coffee has like 4 calories...
  • erickirb
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »

3 large cream (18% MF) and 3 scoops of sugar.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Whenever I plan on eating out I always check out the menu so I know what to get. Or I have places like Chipotle where I know whatever I get will fit my macros
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm suddenly very glad I never picked up the Starbucks habit.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    cecsav1 wrote: »

3 large cream (18% MF) and 3 scoops of sugar.

Ahhhh... so it's not just coffee. :wink: Got it.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Haha I remember like 2-3 years ago, I was new to eating "healthy" and exercising. I was doing really well though, cooking most of my own meals and watching what I eat. One day I was out and about with my mom and she decided to stop at Starbucks. I thought, "what the hell, get me an old fav, a venti white mocha. Can't be that terrible."
    I drank the whole thing even though it tasted way too sweet. I think I got like a crazy sugar rush then an awful crash and I finally looked at the nutrition facts online and I actually started crying. "600 calories?? For THAT???"

I had a similar thing happen - only it was a milkshake from a fast food place. I was thinking around 350 calories for it (which I made room for) nope - 715 calories later haha so that started my own milkshake shop at my house haha

715 for just one milkshake? wow.. I hope it was the yummiest milkshake ever at that "cost"

Sonic's milkshakes are ridiculously high in calories. I am perpetually shocked at how bad even a small vanilla shake is (540 calories). I keep forgetting how awful they are because it's just unbelievable to me, which kills me every time my ice cream loving husband wants to go. The rest of the time he wants Dairy Queen which is just as terrible.

Today I was good and figured out the calories in the Subway lunch I was craving before going. It was too many to fit into my day, so I stuck with the salad I had brought to work. Yay for small victories.
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yep, the other day I "needed" a 7 layer burrito from taco bell. 600 calories (half my daily allowance.) For one. I used to eat two, and maybe a side of pintos and cheese on top of that...

Still totally worth it, but only very occasionally.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. (And I'm 5'2".) I was in a group and they decided to order pizza. I'm allergic to milk products, so none for me. But the gal picking up the pizza did something sweet: she picked up bbq chicken wings for.me. There is no.way to say no so I ate half of them and shared the rest. Got home later to discover the few I ate were 400 calories!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Reddddd Robinnnnn (oops!). Went out to dinner with a friend of mine that was in town for a couple of days. The first night we had steaks and potatoes. The second night burgers at Red Robin. Turns out we did much better the night before!