Im doing great on eating & working out..but i keep getting recruited

Options

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    This is why my social media is friends-only and I know everyone. And if they're foolish enough to become MLM salespersons I wind up no longer talking to them either.
  • lbg257
    lbg257 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    lbg257 wrote: »
    HI All! I am a beachbody coach and i just wanted to respond briefly. Beachbody products (including Shakeology) are definitely not for everyone BUT as a coach, I really really try to help people lose weight. It honestly has been so rewarding to help over 300 people lose weight in about a year. It is true that I don't have any fitness/health background (in fact I'm an attorney) but the products themselves are designed by the experts and my customers just follow them (and I help them if they have questions). Again, it is totally not for everyone and I'm just as happy to see my friends and family lose weight with any program, I just wanted to respond that a lot of us coaches do really love helping people with their goals (and it's not just for the money).

Then why not encourage them to sign up for MFP? It's free and you still get to help with their goals.

hi! I actually do encourage them to sign up for MFP:) It's a great addition to people who are drinking shakeology and/or doing beachbody workout programs. I think MFP is amazing!
  • lbg257
    Options
    HI All! I am a beachbody coach and i just wanted to respond briefly. Beachbody products (including Shakeology) are definitely not for everyone BUT as a coach, I really really try to help people lose weight. It honestly has been so rewarding to help over 300 people lose weight in about a year. It is true that I don't have any fitness/health background (in fact I'm an attorney) but the products themselves are designed by the experts and my customers just follow them (and I help them if they have questions). Again, it is totally not for everyone and I'm just as happy to see my friends and family lose weight with any program, I just wanted to respond that a lot of us coaches do really love helping people with their goals (and it's not just for the money).

This is ridiculous. If you don't know anything about fitness and health, what service are you providing besides "giving" them a way to pay money for something they could do for free?

I run challenge groups where we share healthy meals, healthy tips and our sweaty selfies:) They could buy the product from Beachbody directly or through a coach--it costs everyone the same. I keep in constant contact with my customers and check on their weight loss, make sure they are liking the product(s) and answer any questions they have with respect to the product:)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

This is ridiculous. If you don't know anything about fitness and health, what service are you providing besides "giving" them a way to pay money for something they could do for free?

I run challenge groups where we share healthy meals, healthy tips and our sweaty selfies:) They could buy the product from Beachbody directly or through a coach--it costs everyone the same. I keep in constant contact with my customers and check on their weight loss, make sure they are liking the product(s) and answer any questions they have with respect to the product:)

I mean, I guess if someone wants to pay for something they could do for free, that's their business. As long as you're upfront with them that the product is totally optional for weight loss and there are cheaper versions available elsewhere, it's all good.

I just can't imagine paying someone to coach me when they tell me upfront that they lack a background in health and fitness.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of Beachbody and their recruitment efforts! I'm sick and tired of hearing about how wonderful Shakeology is too (with it's wonderful price tag). They seem to forget that as we lose weight, get healthy and evolve... we need to CHANGE things up as we go, otherwise our bodies adapt, learn to use what we're giving it. Same old shake same old ingredients over and over.. how long can you go on with that? No thank you. Just eat plants, drink water, exercise and watch your calories! This way you don't have to read the nutritional label, you don't have to wonder which "diet plan" it fits into, you don't have to up-sell anything, you don't have to build a business or get other sales people or run groups or any of that.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Be careful, I've read on here before that these scamwoo people steal people's before and after pictures.

They want to use you because they know their junk doesn't actually work, but they want to make people think it does.

This exactly. Make sure your before/after images are watermarked. :angry:
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    This is why my account is not connected to my facebook. . .at all. I don't even mention my weight loss on there.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    i had someone argue with me that she lost a ton of weight because the curb her cravings. these were her words "or me, I lost 75 pounds after I had my son Then I got pregnant again and cannot lose the weight this time. I've tried all my old ways and literally the scale was not budging. I decided to give beach body a shot. I like the shakes for one reason, and that is because they totally curb my cravings: I don't really like how they taste but in the afternoons when I usually want cookies or candy, a shake will totally satisfy that craving and fill me up. I also love the support and accountability. But it's still me putting in the effort. The shake isn't magic I'm still working very hard" how is drinking a shake ...doing the work? thats what i dont get ....she doesnt like how they taste but still drinking that sludge? Its a pyramid scheme!

That's because it tastes like a sand shake. :expressionless:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

That right there. I understand that you are a good salesperson, and you encourage your customers to do their best in many different ways. But that, I think, is where at least some of us have an issue. You are not really a coach, you're a salesperson using marketing tools and social media to encourage and keep people interested. It's all well and good, the diet industry is huge and there will always be people who feel there is a need for products outside of general nutrition and exercise. To call you all coaches is a slap in the face to people who are actual coaches with actual training, degrees, certifications and experience. It would be better to call you all a BB/Shakeology consultant.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of Beachbody and their recruitment efforts! I'm sick and tired of hearing about how wonderful Shakeology is too (with it's wonderful price tag). They seem to forget that as we lose weight, get healthy and evolve... we need to CHANGE things up as we go, otherwise our bodies adapt, learn to use what we're giving it. Same old shake same old ingredients over and over.. how long can you go on with that? No thank you. Just eat plants, drink water, exercise and watch your calories! This way you don't have to read the nutritional label, you don't have to wonder which "diet plan" it fits into, you don't have to up-sell anything, you don't have to build a business or get other sales people or run groups or any of that.

This. Andplusalso, I used Isagenix a few years ago, lost weight, blah blah. Guess what happened when I stopped buying Isagenix? Gained weight. Because it taught me zero things about lifestyle changes, a healthy eating plan for my body type (PCOs/hypothyroid), and portion control. All I learned was this: drink two shakes a day and once a week only drink a "cleanse" product. What does this teach you about changing your lifestyle?? Waste of money, waste of time. I was better off using that money to hire a personal trainer/nutritionist to help me.

ETA: two shakes a day=replace two meals a day with shakes
  • yannie100
    yannie100 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am doing so wonderful on eating & working out. I feel great! But I've noticed when i post workouts /or what I'm eating on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media. I keep getting recruited by "Coaches" for team beach body. They keep trying to sell me shakeology shakes. I am not interested in all that, 4 years go when i lost weight that *kitten* was popular. Now i keep getting asked to join because "I'm inspiring" i believe that hard work is made in the kitchen & gym. I lost 60lbs 4 years ago eating the calories set by MFP and eating good foods (veggies, whole grains, fiber etc) .... whats your thoughts on shakeology or beach body coaches?

Yes! I am so annoyed by any beach body people.
    What aggravated me is that there was a few on my friends list.
    I stay at home and very rarely get adult interaction, so j was pretty thrilled someone inboxed me on Facebook. Just to her them chat me up about being a coach and etc. it peeves me off! And when I tell them no, they keep going
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had someone from beachbody chasing me around the MFP forums for about 6 months, and she acted like she wanted to be my buddy ladi ladi ladi... I finally looked at her profile after realizing she was communicating in some sort of code.. LOL anywho I looked at her profile and diary and she did not even use MFP for logging. She has an account here seeking people out, trying to befriend you and then wham... here comes the MLM pitch ... I deleted her from my friends list after saying over and over again, I was not intersted in MLM.

I watch out for wierdos now that just friend request me and start emailing in MFP once a week to see how things are going..
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the disdain for BeachBody marketing people here. A girl I used to work with a couple years ago recently started posting motivational fitness stuff on Pinterest and Facebook. In an offhand comment, I let her know that I really enjoyed her motivational quotes on Pinterest. A few months later, she popped up in my inbox talking about a new motivational group that she created. I tell her cool, I'll participate since I have kickstarted my fitness journey and she seems like a sweet enough girl. Then she mentions how I have to buy this fitness package to get started and it's like BAM -- sales pitch. I politely declined by saying that I already pay for a gym membership and I desperately need a pair of running shoes! I wanted to tell her hell no.

For me, it does NOT rub me the right way for someone to cozy up to me like a motivating friend only to want to sell me something. I am genuinely looking for new friends/hangout/workout buddies, so that's like a slap in the face.
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I like BB workouts. But I don't like all of the other stuff. I was a part of a motivation group of people who were doing BB workouts and I got kicked out bc I wouldn't buy Shakeology and I told someone to go to eBay to find a program cheaper. I guess it wasn't really about helping me reach my goals, lol.

It's never about helping you reach your goals when it comes to MLM salespeople....it's about helping them reach their goals of selling their overpriced garbage and recruiting more people underneath them so they make money.

I find Beachbody the most reprehensible because they title their salespeople as "coaches". A "coach" in any other sense means somebody who has training/education in the field and is qualified to teach/coach others. Beachbody "coaches" have no training or education - in fact, in their "Coach's FAQ" it specifically says that no training or education in nutrition or exercise is required (I won't link to it because I don't even want to give them the page hits - Google it if you're interested in seeing it for yourself). I think it's disingenuous and slimy of them to call their salespeople "coaches" because the very title lends an air of credibility that isn't earned or deserved. They're not "coaches" - they're just pushy, greedy salespeople trying to rip you off by selling you their crappy products and/or recruiting you to become part of their MLM scam.

THIS. I'm studying to be an actual personal trainer. I'm doing the work for it, but some jack-nobody with an email address can sign up and *POOF*! They're a personal health coach and trainer....Come again?!?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I am doing so wonderful on eating & working out. I feel great! But I've noticed when i post workouts /or what I'm eating on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media. I keep getting recruited by "Coaches" for team beach body. They keep trying to sell me shakeology shakes. I am not interested in all that, 4 years go when i lost weight that *kitten* was popular. Now i keep getting asked to join because "I'm inspiring" i believe that hard work is made in the kitchen & gym. I lost 60lbs 4 years ago eating the calories set by MFP and eating good foods (veggies, whole grains, fiber etc) .... whats your thoughts on shakeology or beach body coaches?

I'd unfriend any MLM pushers I didn't know in real life and for my real life friends, warn them first.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've met the good and the bad. Some people have had great success with beach body products and are just trying to share that. However, many fail to realize that beach body is not the only way and also that it isn't the best way. It depends on the person and some people do well with videos and Meal Replacement type shakes, but I get a bit tired of being recruited. I lost 60 lbs without beachbody. Why would I start something else, when what I do works? When I protest my love for the gym and heavy weights, why do people try to sell me on some dance video :(
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options

300 people? Wow! You must be at Diamond level or something! Or is it Sapphire? Wait, sorry, wrong MLM.
  • lbg257
    Options
    NinaRapp wrote: »

This. Andplusalso, I used Isagenix a few years ago, lost weight, blah blah. Guess what happened when I stopped buying Isagenix? Gained weight. Because it taught me zero things about lifestyle changes, a healthy eating plan for my body type (PCOs/hypothyroid), and portion control. All I learned was this: drink two shakes a day and once a week only drink a "cleanse" product. What does this teach you about changing your lifestyle?? Waste of money, waste of time. I was better off using that money to hire a personal trainer/nutritionist to help me.

ETA: two shakes a day=replace two meals a day with shakes

Not beachbody related at all but if you are trying to get pregnant with PCOS, my doc suggested I do low carb. I did super low carb each day and it took me years to get pregnant with my son, and then I got pregnant with twins right away! Let me know if you want to discuss this. This was all before I started beachbody. Just wanted to give you an FYI
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Why not then educate yourself and provide info and feedback rather than pretending to be a "coach" without any fitness/health background?

I have nothing against making money off of fitness but at least you could be honest that the primary motivation is that.

• upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I really have to restrain myself in my feed with all my friends selling Isagenix, Thrive, ItWorks, etc. Of course you are going to lose weight on those things, you have no more money for food.
    And don't get me started on the anti-GMOers and Keto-fanatics that have a demon food of the day post all the time.