So sick of "person above you" posts

Options
LisaSaysHi
LisaSaysHi Posts: 19 Member
Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I really hate all these posts about the "person above you". Are they hot? Would you date them? Describe in 4 words, etc. This is not a sleazy dating site. It's a place where we can all come together and support each other in our quest for better health. Am I the only one who finds these "hot or not" posts harmful and petty?

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    open them or not, the choice is yours...........just sayin
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't go in them because I'm weird looking and have no desire to be reminded of it.

If people want to hurt themselves, what do you care?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Not to be a party pooper on your post, but dont go to them. You can still enjoy the chit chat forum without ever clicking on a rate if my kitty is cute post. When I get bored and there are too many the person above you has a cute kitty gif post then I got back and pull up ancient posts. That's fun especially if they are a little controversial.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I really hate all these posts about the "person above you". Are they hot? Would you date them? Describe in 4 words, etc. This is not a sleazy dating site. It's a place where we can all come together and support each other in our quest for better health. Am I the only one who finds these "hot or not" posts harmful and petty?

tumblr_m0izxoB0w51qfczas_zpsaf1c1611.gif
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    You should have asked what the person above you thought.

I think they're harmless. No one is forced to participate.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Would bang
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    I agree with the response to this, to not open them if your not interested.

I sometimes participate in them, but really don't value opinions of those online.

Majority of people in the flesh tell me I look good, the same can't be said for online as it depends on the picture that I have up.

What really annoys me is that married men are on here and seriously flirting with other women, I don't think its right imo.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the Chit Chat room then...EZ-PZ. Stick to the other forums. It's called Chit Chat/Fun and Games. Some of us have been around awhile and get bored with the 1 gazillionth post about how one cannot consume more than 2 calories per day because broccoli is so filling...or eating exercise calories?...etc. Most of the threads that pop up in the "Seriousness Business" boards have been covered about a gazillion times. The Chit Chat room is so we can have a little fun while we're getting our nutrition and fitness on. It's all in good fun...contrary to popular belief, the internet really isn't...

internet_serious_mf_business.jpg
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options

Would bang

Hahahaha awesome response
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Oi
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

There's no better way to come together and support each other in our quest for better health than to have loads of fun while doing so!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Yep, I see where you are coming from they are posted every day in one form or another...but they are only harmful or petty if you choose to join them (maybe)

There are a lot of single/younger(even married OMG) members on MFP and if they want to flirt and have fun then who are we to stand in their way.

As others have said just don`t read the topics or post and if you want to `come together and support` then comment on topics that suit you.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

Yep, I see where you are coming from they are posted every day in one form or another...but they are only harmful or petty if you choose to join them (maybe)

There are a lot of single/younger(even married OMG) members on MFP and if they want to flirt and have fun then who are we to stand in their way.

As others have said just don`t read the topics or post and if you want to `come together and support` then comment on topics that suit you.

That!!!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Great eyes, 10/10, would bang, flirt and marry
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @LisaSaysHi you are hot :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    noooooooo
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Cute? Would snuggle? Give up for adoption?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl-jsiym7NAl1b4GKnCMmCMxRrwA-HOz7XrRN__Zg0ACkFyeTfEw
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games (four words) :wink:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Cute? Would snuggle? Give up for adoption?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl-jsiym7NAl1b4GKnCMmCMxRrwA-HOz7XrRN__Zg0ACkFyeTfEw

Would snuggle!