My 1 year progress

Options
13»

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    MMMmmmm bacon! The best meal of the day!!

Thanks again to all the wonderful comments! I wish I could answer each one with my heartfelt gratitude!

Yes, I think it is odd to not see our own progress, we had a way of blocking that from our eyes for some reason. It takes time, I think, to see ourselves in different ways.

I also know that people have different ways of reaching their goals, but I absolutely love the way I am doing it and that is what is important. If anyone reading this is unsatisfied with their progress or dreads their eating/working out, ask yourself these questions:

1) Would I be willing to eat/train the way I do now for the rest of my life?
    2) Am I measuring my progress in other ways besides the scale? (i.e. pictures, measuring, progressing in strength/distance/etc, how clothes fit)
    3) Am I able to fit my way of eating/training in with my lifestyle (not trying to fit my lifestyle into my way of eating/training)?

For me, once I found out what I enjoy doing the most (lifting weights) and how to not deprive myself and still live a full life with family and friends, I can honestly say yes to all of these questions. I am happy, also, with taking it slow for my progress. Sure, I have had some set backs (injuries, illnesses) but now that I have something to do that I love and can maintain, it is easy to get back on track!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Looking good,.Zoe!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!

and I also like the new wall color :D
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome! Thank you for your wonderful comments, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!

I like your new posture. Your bathing suit, your hair... You rock!
  • _quirky_girl_
    _quirky_girl_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I covet your shoulders!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!

and I also like the new wall color :D

LOL, thanks! We actually bought a house in February, so that is in our new home. It looks better in the picture, but is more of a mint green that I'm not real happy with, but haven't had a chance to paint!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You have done a super job!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    MMMmmmm bacon! The best meal of the day!!

Thanks again to all the wonderful comments! I wish I could answer each one with my heartfelt gratitude!

Yes, I think it is odd to not see our own progress, we had a way of blocking that from our eyes for some reason. It takes time, I think, to see ourselves in different ways.

I also know that people have different ways of reaching their goals, but I absolutely love the way I am doing it and that is what is important. If anyone reading this is unsatisfied with their progress or dreads their eating/working out, ask yourself these questions:

1) Would I be willing to eat/train the way I do now for the rest of my life?
    2) Am I measuring my progress in other ways besides the scale? (i.e. pictures, measuring, progressing in strength/distance/etc, how clothes fit)
    3) Am I able to fit my way of eating/training in with my lifestyle (not trying to fit my lifestyle into my way of eating/training)?

For me, once I found out what I enjoy doing the most (lifting weights) and how to not deprive myself and still live a full life with family and friends, I can honestly say yes to all of these questions. I am happy, also, with taking it slow for my progress. Sure, I have had some set backs (injuries, illnesses) but now that I have something to do that I love and can maintain, it is easy to get back on track!

Fantastic advice. Amazing work Zoe!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    amazing what lifting will do.. you look transformed..nice work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!