Recomp vs bulk

Options
13»

Replies

• Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am considering a bulk in the autumn too, but for now I'm very slowly recomping at maintenance and I'll see where I end up after the summer.

I'm 42, 5'7" 120lbs but highish body fat as I've never done any exercise until now. Currently I lift twice a week with a trainer, run bridge to 10k twice a week and one day of circuit training. Trying to squeeze in another day of lifting!

I feel like my body is getting more solid and I'm getting stronger but not seeing much change in my shape yet which is frustrating!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check in since its been 2mos. I've lost 4lbs and am now maintaining at 118. This is the absolute limit for how far I'm willing to go as far as weight. Lost a bit as far as inches too.

Upper arm .5"
    Waist .5"
    Belly 1.5"
    Hips 1 1/4"
    Thighs .5"

clwms2p3dle8.jpeg

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pictures because my computer is messed up but dang. That is incredible...the weight and measurement changes.
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great progress!

Are you still running PHUL?

I'm lifting in maintenance but not seeing anywhere near your results! Off to Google PHUL!!
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing that really sucks is we can't target exactly where we are going to lose fat. Many women tend to hold it in their lower half, so this thread didn't totally surprise me. I have been experiencing the same with my cut (I felt like my top half was disappearing!). It looks like you have made some progress! I looked into PUHL and it looks like a good program but if this is what you have been doing for months, it's probably time for a change. Sticking with the same program for too long can contribute to a lack of progress.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    tdeaux wrote: »
    One thing that really sucks is we can't target exactly where we are going to lose fat. Many women tend to hold it in their lower half, so this thread didn't totally surprise me. I have been experiencing the same with my cut (I felt like my top half was disappearing!). It looks like you have made some progress! I looked into PUHL and it looks like a good program but if this is what you have been doing for months, it's probably time for a change. Sticking with the same program for too long can contribute to a lack of progress.

I am still doing phul...yeah. Ice cream fitness doesn't get mentioned too much here, but I absolutely loved that too. I agree about switching things up every so often. I like having some variety, so I figure as long as I'm sticking with my compound movements, then tweaking the accessory stuff in a program now and then isn't hurting anything. That's my thought anyway.....

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wow @cnbbnc great progress, you look fantastic!