Two question FOR YOU about losing weight

Options
Hi,
I have two questions for you today...

1. What is the one thing that makes you DESIRE losing weight?

2. What do you think is the one thing that could STOP YOU from achieving your goals?

Replies

• Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1. I don't desire to lose weight, my goal is to live a healthier and more active lifestyle.

2. The only person that could possibly stop me from achieving my goal is me. I take ownership of my choices.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    1. To get my confidence back and eliminate the "fat person" health issues that were appearing

2. My own laziness!
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    1. Being healthier and like ARGriffy said, losing those health issues

2. I am my worst enemy! Binge eating on sweets is something I really need to work on.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,

2. What do you think is the one thing that could STOP YOU from achieving your goals?

To get healthy. I want to extend my lifespan. The answer to your second question, I am my own worst enemy, but I am my own best friend as well.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    1. It is a goal and i love the feeling of achieving goals.
    2. Well medication got me before making me gain over 50lbs, but like others stated : myself!
  • dottiestlottiest2015
    dottiestlottiest2015 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1. Be healthier and get back to playing all the sports that I love.

2. My mother and her ridiculous portion sizes and her attempts to force wine down me every time I visit
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Initially, I didn't like the road I had started on. I wasn't overweight by any means, but give it 3-10 more years without any change in diet/exercise, I would be. Now, I love seeing the differences in my body and dropping a dress size. Now I am motivated by fitness models and their slim but muscular bodies - I want that!

Weightloss goals would be pizza... but as my new goal is to put on muscle it would be lack of knowledge in the gym.
  • MyFitness38
    MyFitness38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. I want to look slim like I was 10 years ago. I was so much happier and felt so confidence back then. I want to feel that way again.
    2. Overeating. Food is my weakness, I need to overcome of cutting down my portion size. Eat less is my goal !!
  • njaalla
    njaalla Posts: 39 Member
    Options

1. To get the best out of me by becoming stronger, healthier and more confident about my looks.

2. This inner voice asking "Why? You got along perfectly fine so far, why change anything and step out of the comfort zone?"
  • suescraps
    suescraps Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

1. Two things actually- looking "good"(yep a tad superficial) as well as health reasons.... I want to be more active- this reason fluctuates almost daily

2. Yep laziness.....but also -unfortunately becoming demotivated from no "action" on the gd scales....or tape measure....thinking "why bother?"
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was very slender most of my life but as I went into perimenopause and got a little older, I put on a bit of weight and gradually eased into "overweight".

1. I started here to prove to myself and anyone who cared that I could NOT lose weight. I decided to stick to the diet absolutely, with no cheating, for 5 weeks. When I didn't lose weight in that time, I would have proven that losing weight was impossible for me, and I would continue living my life as I wanted to.

For 10 days I was right.

Then I started losing weight. By 5 weeks, I had lost 5 kg.

So ... the weight loss spurred me on to lose more weight.

2. Why would anything stop me? If I really want to do something ... I do it. I've cycled four 1200 km randonnees (1200 km in 90 hours or less, including all breaks). I've acquired all sorts of certificates, diplomas and degrees. If I can do those things, I can reach the weight I want to be.

And I have.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to enjoy life and be healthy and positive, lugging around an extra 35lbs for years and always feeling bad about myself was not the road to a healthy life or positive outlook and that I guess answers both questions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    1 - be healthy and look good (enough)
    2 - hunger and cravings.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Vanity

Cake
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi,

1. I desire losing weight so that I live longer, I am there for my kids and I can do stuff with my daughter (she is an adreline junkie, Roller coasters, rock climbing. high ropes courses, you name it) and of course Vanity (I wanna look good!

2. I don't think at this point there is anything that could stop me other than maybe an injury...
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    1. I want to look and feel better. I don't want to become diabetic or have any other weight related health issues.
    2. Losing focus, letting a cheat meal become a day, then a week, then a month.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,

1. I deserve to be healthy and live a full life.
    2. I think severe depression or some serious accident/illness could stop me focusing on my weight loss goal.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    1. Self-respect, and yeah looks/health.
    2. Tragedy or major injury...maybe smaller stuff it there was a lot at once.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hi,

1. This is a journey I've been on since 1/1/2000. At midnight, I realized that I had not died of obesity. I realized that I had the genetics to live to 100. My father was soon to turn 80. I was 37. He could work me into the ground. He was fit and trim and vibrant. On 1/1/2000, at midnight, I decided to live like I was going to live to 100. Many of the worst excesses of eating were immediately eliminated and easy to do. I lost 100 lb quickly. For the past 15 years I've been steadily holding around 270, not much over and not much below. I see a GP quarterly for monitoring of my blood pressure. Every quarter she tells me to lose weight. Every quarter for years I've been promising to try. This last time, she told me that my HDL was low. I'd grown quite proud of having perfect HDL/LDL and trigycerides even while I was obese, and that news about my HDL got my attention. The cure for it is to eat more fiber, exercise, and lose weight. I want to live to be 100+.

2. If I lost my job. I'd find it difficult to maintain my food and exercise routine while hustling for work.
  • hrsj022
    hrsj022 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi,

1. I want to lose weight to be thin and fit for the first time as a adult! I want to know what that feels like. Also I'm getting married again in a couple months. He wants to have kids. I was very over weight when I have both of kids in my previous marriage and it caused health issues for me and the babies. I don't want to repeat that!

2. My own lack of self control! Letting my "demons" tell me it's okay to let my self go and it's just vanity to sit around counting calories and working out.