I like mine iced, black, with stevia:)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Black with butter & coconut oil
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    At home I use a French press, with coffee I buy at a specialty store ( usually French roast or Italian). In summer I drink it cold, with milk and ice.

If I'm out either skim latte with cinnamon on too ( I know, how very 1990s but I like it), no sugar/sweetener, or American with milk or macchiato with a splash of milk

I weaned myself off sweet coffee years ago.
  • chrissapollonia
    chrissapollonia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can sprinkle spices right in the brewing basket with the grounds.

I never thought of that! Totally trying it.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    starbuck skinny latte's are 100 cals.

also non fat latte's that are smaller are 100 cals if you're avoiding artificial sweeteners.

black coffee is delicious if it's good enough quality.

lololol thats what you think....
    if its busy and you order a latte and theres already 5-6 drinks lined up, you can bet that the big bucket of frothed milk isn't skim, its probably standard 2% and thats what youll be getting in your drink

I feel like you KNOW this.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Black coffee - and lots of it!

I don't think I can function properly without at least 3-5 cups a day.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Black. Scalding hot. No milk. No sugar. I like it strong, dark, and bitter! I ADORE bitter (I'm not joking). Unsweetened chocolate, dark beer, raw rhubarb. I love it. I used to drink the leftover pickle juice from the bottle when I was a kid too. I know that black coffee isn't everyone's cup of tea (HARDY HAR HAR!) but it is the healthiest and lowest calories.

Lol! Agree, I also like strong, dark coffee when it's *supposed* to be bitter; strongly dislike when it's bitter because it's been sitting on a burner for 2 hours

Not a Starbucks fan either? I tried their black coffee in a pinch one time. Gross. Caribou was the only chain that I really loved. I miss it.

Man, Starbucks is the worst. On days I don't have time to make brek at home, though, am forced into it (it's the only coffee shop at a key juncture point in my commute, which happens on public transit). I have yet to actually enjoy a cup of coffee from there. Still trying to figure out a good low-cal disguise for their sludge that does not involve crazy flavourings (like vanilla). I don't know Caribou! Bet it's good.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Black. Scalding hot. No milk. No sugar. I like it strong, dark, and bitter! I ADORE bitter (I'm not joking). Unsweetened chocolate, dark beer, raw rhubarb. I love it. I used to drink the leftover pickle juice from the bottle when I was a kid too. I know that black coffee isn't everyone's cup of tea (HARDY HAR HAR!) but it is the healthiest and lowest calories.

That is some serious coffee...I like it. :happy:

8488541.png
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Orally
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Black.....Straight up......Smile K xo
  • PrettyGirI
    PrettyGirI Posts: 10
    Options
    Black coffee,1/4 cup soy & two tsps sugar.yum
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make Americanos with my Bialetti. Sometimes I add heavy cream. Other times, I just pour the coffee over ice, pour heavy cream on top, and watch it swirl to the bottom.
  • spendsitwell
    spendsitwell Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have always been a french vanilla creamer girl. Give me International Delight French Vanilla and I am a happy girl. Problem is the calories in one tbsp are crazy when you only have 1300 a day. So I found a french vanilla coconut milk creamer that is half the calories and tastes pretty dang good. Dont get me wrong - this is not International Delight but it works and I feel good about it.

On my splurg days I love me some Starbucks white chocolate mocha. OHHH the calories but how I love you Starbucks.
  • Woodrow1234
    Woodrow1234 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee a ton. I've always been cautious though as it can impact your digestion (so I hear though I've never had problems -- didn't want to have problems), so I used to add cream of some kind to help tame my cup of coffee. I don't need the calories though, and it's not the taste of the cream that I was looking for...just the digestive health.

So, I tried something new. I started to add a cinnamon stick to my cup at the beginning of the day. I'd leave it in there throughout the day (so just one stick all day). It would stew in there, and I've loved it! It gives it a great flavor,actually getting stronger as the day goes on, and the cinnamon has wonderful health benefits including -- aiding digestion. If I find myself at a coffee shop, it's generally with my cup in the car so I can just pour my paper cup into my travel mug with the cinnamon. That also lets you to roll the Tim Horton's cup lip sooner...assuming they're still doing that. Haven't been to one in a while.

I found that Amazon sells it in bulk.

Also - limited stevia (from my garden if I have some around)
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    With profound and absolute joy from my Miele Coffee Machine. Only allowed 2 cups/day (stomach ulcer/schmalser)

The Only disappointment we found in a recent trip to the States was the coffee available, Starbucks pphhhhsh.
    My coffee of choice when in restaurants in Australia is what's called a long black. It's like an Americano but the twist is the water MUST go in first with the expresso over the top. Next visit to the States, we now know what to ask for ;-)

Try it folks, it's a Winner
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    starbuck skinny latte's are 100 cals.

also non fat latte's that are smaller are 100 cals if you're avoiding artificial sweeteners.

black coffee is delicious if it's good enough quality.

lololol thats what you think....
    if its busy and you order a latte and theres already 5-6 drinks lined up, you can bet that the big bucket of frothed milk isn't skim, its probably standard 2% and thats what youll be getting in your drink

I feel like you KNOW this.

lol yes, i used to work at starbucks and several other coffee shops
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    black preworkout
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I think you may be my long, lost sister. LOL!