Sushi: Do you like it, or do you LOVE it?

Options

Replies

• HisEminence
    Options
    The "loves" are quite overwhelming based on the feedback thus far!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It is awesome!
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Recipe for home made brown rice makizushi (rolled styled). Being half korea making the complete switch from white rice is just not happening and this is the only way I've found brown rice palatable.

http://www.canadianliving.com/blogs/food/2011/09/12/recipe-how-to-make-easy-brown-rice-sushi/

A few tips:
    -The rice has to completely cool or the added moisture will cause the nori to rip while filling and rolling.
    -One of the key ingredients is called "seasoned rice vinegar" which is just regular rice vinegar with sugar added, go easy on the stuff. It can be made at home by adding sugar to rice vinegar so experimenting with zero calorie sweeteners may work.
    -Cut with a VERY sharp and clean knife to avoid ripping and maintain shape. Dampening a knife with water or oil also helps. I'd recommend sesame oil if you can afford the few extra calories. Or just pick it up and eat it whole.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    LOVE!

And thanks, now i want some.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I hate it. Fish is horrible enough, even when cooked. Try serving that ish to me raw I'll slap you in the mouth.
  • HisEminence
    Options
    This post cannot be held responsible for whetting the appetites of those who dare to consider a delectable sushi meal!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Love it!
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    had it once and didn't like itl And since I started watching Monsters Inside Me I'm not eating anything raw.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't care much for sushi, as I don't really enjoy wasabi. But I'll eat sashimi all day long. LOVE sushi quality fish. Also love rolls of any kind.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I think Lewis Grizzard, humor/cpolitical columnist for the Atlanta Journal Constitution put it best many years ago:

We in the south have always had sushi.

We call it bait.

You my friend nailed it!
    Same could be said about hamburger meat. But we know better. Just because steak houses sometimes serve beef tartar, a raw beef dish doesn't mean their hamburgers are raw. Sushi menus are rarely just raw fish. It's kinda like tacos are to Mexico. You have a starch taco the tortilla sushi the rice, protein which can be fish, animal meat or just veggies than topped with sauce. Soy sauce and salsa there. If you hate sushi because you hate the idea of eating raw fish it means you have a narrow idea of what sushi is. It's not the end of the world or a great sin to be ignorant of such things, but give sushi a real go sometimes there are plenty of options that are not only raw fish free they are fish free. Than some with boiled shrimp, some with avacado as the star. The important part is that sweet delish rice. No matter what the combination is that rice and seaweed wrap is out of this world
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    love. but i never had a mayonnaisey kind. only regular rice and piece of fish. and no mixes, one fish at a time. and extra wasabi please.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I didn't really like sushi until I had FRESH sushi. I don't like when the fish has been frozen then thawed again.
    I live in japan now, so sushi is cheap and plentiful. I eat it quite often.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I hate it. Fish is horrible enough, even when cooked. Try serving that ish to me raw I'll slap you in the mouth.

have you tried it raw? i pretty much dislike all cooked fish but i love it raw.
  • Katrioustu
    Katrioustu Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    If I could eat it every day I would
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I've actually never had it but would love to try it. :bigsmile: whats good to start with??

start with going to a restaurant/sushi bar recommended to you for quality not price.

go with someone who LOVES it and go on a day you feel adventurous and hungry. Try the best quality of everything because this is my golden rule for trying ANY new food for everything. BEST OF IT'S KIND. I hate to hear people say they tried something and didn't like it and then find out they tried a sub par version of it. Once you know what it's supposed to taste like you can decide which one's you like. Start with soy sauce and then get the wasabi going. As for which fish try whatever your friend claims to like or the guy recommends. They will know what's good there, and also what's freshest. I can't imagine a sushi chef not wanting a novice to love sushi after leaving his place.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    If I could eat it every day I would

You should meet my son. He feels the same.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think sushi is absolutely vile...although I think anything that has seafood in it is. :ohwell:
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy sushi. We get some really great options where I live so it's varied and quite tasterlicious.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @ megabyt23 , You love sushi too? I think you're my new BFF! ^_^