Which upcoming movie are you most excited to see?

Options
124»

Replies

• pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Yeah mmorpgs are slightly addictive :lol:

As for the dark tower, I much prefer having read a book and having it fresh in my mind before watching the film. Find books are usually better though.... wanted to see the 5th wave but I don't know what like they've done. .. (I know this one's already out)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    The Dark Tower
    lauranorr wrote: »
    It has been so long since I've read this book....I need to reread it and the series before I see the movie so I better get to it! Although I've heard some grumblings about casting choice and how it might change things from the book. Movies usually end up different than the books though, so I'll hope for the best! I like Idris and Matthew so I'm hopeful.

While I'm all for more leading roles for people of color, casting Roland as a black man just doesn't work for me - I've spent over 30 years picturing Roland as a young Clint Eastwood, because that's how Stephen King saw him.

How are they going to create the racial hatred of Roland by Detta - make her white? Ugh.
  • Angelajgay11
    Angelajgay11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    going to see 10 cloverfield lane next week and excited about it

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! We go to a lot of movies and my BF said it was the best movie he'd seen in a long time! Hope you enjoy :)
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »

I have not heard of this before now but this looks hilarious!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    slinke2014 wrote: »
    The Dark Tower

me too but really nervous too. I think Idris and Matthew will do pretty good for their roles but I don't know anything about that kid they chose for Jake and they don't have Eddie or Susannah confirmed yet. Nail biter!!!!!

I'm putting my trust in the King, and hoping it all works.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    slinke2014 wrote: »
    The Dark Tower

me too but really nervous too. I think Idris and Matthew will do pretty good for their roles but I don't know anything about that kid they chose for Jake and they don't have Eddie or Susannah confirmed yet. Nail biter!!!!!

I'm putting my trust in the King, and hoping it all works.

King f'd up the transition of "Under the Dome" from book to TV. I had to stop watching it, it was so terrible. Could have stuck much closer to the book. Plenty to work with there. These days, there is no need for an episodic series. Give me a long story arc rather than a crisis that comes up and is resolved in one episode.