14 day Baetea detox, anyone tried?

Options
Hello everyone today I started the baetea detox for weight loss I was wondering if any of you have tried it or a similar detox tea in conjunction with MFP???

I'm 5"5 just under 350 I've lost around 14 lbs in the last 4 weeks . MFP cals are 1900 and I do my best to stay closer to 1200 I also try so hard to eat clean 5 to 6 meals daily and walk a mile 3x a week. However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox. Anyone tried anything like this?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Since your body will naturally detox itself and throw in the fact that baetea is mainly just a laxative, I would probably suggest staying away from it.

If anything, to refocus on eating healthy, I would increase fiber intake and drink plenty of water. Also, if your MFP goal is 1900, I would consider eating around that level. High level of calorie suppression can lead to binges later on.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If you have a few days spare to spend camped in the bathroom. All it is is expensive laxatives. Just eat
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Fiber + water =cleanse

Liver + kidneys = detox

Pretty cheap and easy.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone today I started the baetea detox for weight loss I was wondering if any of you have tried it or a similar detox tea in conjunction with MFP???

I'm 5"5 just under 350 I've lost around 14 lbs in the last 4 weeks . MFP cals are 1900 and I do my best to stay closer to 1200 I also try so hard to eat clean 5 to 6 meals daily and walk a mile 3x a week. However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox. Anyone tried anything like this?

Think of weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Because losing weight is going to take awhile, settle in and do the things you can live with long term.

Eating less than 1900 calories is not necessary. Eating "clean" whatever your definition is not necessary. 5-6 meals a day is not necessary. If you like these things, then carry on. Detox teas give you very short term results (diuretics & laxatives) - but no fat loss.

"Bad" food is not blocking you. I make room for a treat every single day. I don't want a too strict diet to lead to falling off the wagon completely. I allow myself some breathing room. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight, we just need to improve.

Walking is great exercise - keep up the good work!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with it so I checked out the ingredients. It contains senna, a natural laxative. It's a prettied up version to try and convince you that forcing your body to dump a lot of water and waste is the same as fat loss.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    And I would say that you absolutely need to eat more than 1200 calories a day. I am 5'1" and eat that only on days I don't get any extra activity. Also another vote here for you don't need a special tea for losing weight.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    And I would say that you absolutely need to eat more than 1200 calories a day. I am 5'1" and eat that only on days I don't get any extra activity. Also another vote here for you don't need a special tea for losing weight.

Not only do you not "need" it, it's a complete waste of money and won't do anything beneficial for weight loss (or health).
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Poop tea -hope you stocked up on toilet paper. Pooping does not equal weightloss however.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    FYI you're buying an expensive case of diarrhea.

Give up on the quick tips and fixes.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox.

So, if I'm reading this right, you are constipated because you ate bad food. A glass of prune juice, or prunes, or a dose of milk of magnesia will fix that. Then you can get back with your healthy eating and move on. No detox necessary. Drink lots of water.
  • Blessed2beT
    Blessed2beT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Think of weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Because losing weight is going to take awhile, settle in and do the things you can live with long term.

Eating less than 1900 calories is not necessary. Eating "clean" whatever your definition is not necessary. 5-6 meals a day is not necessary. If you like these things, then carry on. Detox teas give you very short term results (diuretics & laxatives) - but no fat loss.

"Bad" food is not blocking you. I make room for a treat every single day. I don't want a too strict diet to lead to falling off the wagon completely. I allow myself some breathing room. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight, we just need to improve.

Walking is great exercise - keep up the good work!

Thanks for the reply. Clean to me is I don't add salt to anything I eat fresh veggies , grilled chicken and fish I make awesome turkey meals I eat a lot but due to me not adding sugars, salts or fatty oils my calorie in take is low. But I eat all day and a lot. Instead of having a meal replacement bar at 200 cals I have some fish lettuce wraps and grapefruit instead. I also drink close to 100 oz of water daily. When doing this I feel great when going to the restroom but the last two weeks my fatty foods like pizza, hot chicken from KFC, chips, burgers those items had little impact on my normal bowel movements its like I didn't even have my morning release the same. That's why I wanted a good detox to help me rid of that stuff I feel is weighing me down. It will not be apart of my healthy habits because when I'm eating well I don't feel blocked.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Since your body will naturally detox itself and throw in the fact that baetea is mainly just a laxative, I would probably suggest staying away from it.

If anything, to refocus on eating healthy, I would increase fiber intake and drink plenty of water. Also, if your MFP goal is 1900, I would consider eating around that level. High level of calorie suppression can lead to binges later on.

I agree , this is to help me get regular after the 2 week crap fest of food. I really had bad PMS this cycle but dye to the better eating and activity I actually had the lightest cramp free period I've had in over a year.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I agree , this is to help me get regular after the 2 week crap fest of food. I really had bad PMS this cycle but dye to the better eating and activity I actually had the lightest cramp free period I've had in over a year.

If your usual diet keeps you regular and you've been eating things that make you irregular, just go back to your normal diet. You shouldn't need any special products.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    I'm not familiar with it so I checked out the ingredients. It contains senna, a natural laxative. It's a prettied up version to try and convince you that forcing your body to dump a lot of water and waste is the same as fat loss.

Not looking for fat loss just looking for a light cleanse of the oils,fats and sodium my body ingested for 2 weeks I stayed at maintenance calories but I ate poorly now my regular restroom trios are let's just say blocked lol this is nor about to be apart of my journey
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is drink water. Tea is good, it's tasty and helps you stay hydrated, but laxative tea is not and does the opposite.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox.

So, if I'm reading this right, you are constipated because you ate bad food. A glass of prune juice, or prunes, or a dose of milk of magnesia will fix that. Then you can get back with your healthy eating and move on. No detox necessary. Drink lots of water.

I truly thought my water would help but I guess I was spoiled with what I was eating I enjoyed my restroom trips kale,salmon in kale salmon out but that's not the same with fried foods and junk lol. I am back to eating better today just figure d this will also give me a boost of energy and help with cravings plus its taste and smells so good. I don't take any diet pills
  • AnvilHead
    Options

Not looking for fat loss just looking for a light cleanse of the oils,fats and sodium my body ingested for 2 weeks I stayed at maintenance calories but I ate poorly now my regular restroom trios are let's just say blocked lol this is nor about to be apart of my journey

Your digestive system is perfectly capable of ridding itself of excess oils, fats and sodium. No tea has magical properties which will do it any more efficiently than your body already does. "Detoxes" are pure woo and the sellers promise all kinds of wizardry that isn't true and doesn't happen.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    FYI you're buying an expensive case of diarrhea.

Give up on the quick tips and fixes.

Rotfl I love what you said. Not looking for a quick fix for loss but looking for a shovle to rid of this crap I took in. Plus some energy and help with cravings just wanted to try it. I don't take pills.