Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options
2»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    cdgross81 wrote: »
    No, in maintenance, so I no longer even weigh myself weekly...usually about once or twice a month, unless I feel like I've fallen off the horse, then I'll check to stay accountable.

I can't wait to get to maintenance! It sounds like heaven :)

LOL.I thought it would be, but it's actually HARDER to eat more, and NOT lose weight, after so long doing the opposite!! (I must admit, it feels good adding more icecream to my bowl tho!!)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh daily, because weight fluctuates from day to day and I want to make sure it's water weight and not fat; a jump from one day to the next has to be water, a jump from one week to the next may be fat. I feel less anxious and act more accountable when I weigh daily. It's a normal thing to do for me now, not something to fear/celebrate.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yes, and i vary up to 4 lbs daily. I only do it because I'm curious lol
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do not weigh myself everyday. Not even once a week. Once every 2 weeks is fine by me - maybe even once a month. It's all personal preference.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because I know me and if I don't do it daily then I'll forget the weekly then I'll be back at 245 pounds before long. I understand fluctuations though. Sometimes they tell me things. Scale up? Did I drink enough water yesterday? Did I eat too much salt?
  • brigitukas00
    brigitukas00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, helps me to stay on track
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain and daily weigh-ins are helpful to keep me mindful. I do not want to gain anything back!! As mentioned, I can tolerant a range around my goal weight. If I get to that upper number, I start logging again. To be honest, I've never seen my weight fall too low - I'm always amazed when I read about people who lose more than they'd like