How I lost 140 lbs in six months with help from MFP

Options
1235»

Replies

• joeyleerobbins
    joeyleerobbins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post for me! My weight loss goal is 140lbs. I started at 325 lbs on Jan 5, 2016 and have given myself until Dec 5, 2016 to lose it. I am already way ahead of schedule as of today 4/19/2016. I have lost 51 lbs so far by restricting caloric intake to 1800 calories per day. I have not yet began to exercise but I do walk quite a bit at work. I believe that i will add in walking time like you did to help me out! This is a great post and I would like to congratulate you my friend on losing a MASSIVE amount of weight! AMAZING!
  • theprez98
    theprez98 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Is it safe to assume that you are not going to do the surgery now, but instead will continue in the path that you've taken?
    !
    Definitely no surgery--I don't even qualify anymore.

• theprez98
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Truly awesome loss! - can I ask a couple of questions?

Does your FitBit give an accurate count of calories lost? - I have a cheap Garmin step counter and it only reckons I use 160'ish calories for 10,000 steps. It does not have a heart rate function so I guess the figure is pretty inaccurate.

The second question is how many pairs of shoes did you go through doing all this walking? Since I started doing 10k steps a day training shoes only last me four months whereas in the past they would be ok for 18 months.

Anyway well done :)

I've compared the Fitbit to a vivofit with HR monitor and the numbers are fairly close.

My walking shoes last 3-4 months and then start to fall apart and need replacing.
  • theprez98
    Options
    Thank you for such an inspiring and timely post. I walked 3.5 hrs on my (homemade/rigged) treadmill desk recently and was surprised to see I had burned over 1,000 calories.

As someone who is used to doing more intense cardio, I was wondering if these calories would be as effective for weight loss. Silly question, I know, but I'm so happy for the confirmation that this is an easy way to burn calories. As long as I keep my food consumption in order, I anticipate great results.

Now I can work and lose weight at the same time - who knew! :)

For me, Zone 2 HR (~brisk walking pace) worked best for losing weight, but everyone is a little different.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    What a difference!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and look fantastic! You also summarized everything very well. WOW....great job :)
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Man, I'd love to see a before and after of your vitals, lipid profile + CMP. I'm guessing things are looking a LOT better for you now.

Congratulations on not being MI bait.
  • ahmshaki
    ahmshaki Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First congrats on your journey!

which brand of multivitamin you're taking and when is the best time to take it?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Thank you for highlighting walking. I think walking is a great solution for so many--particularly those folks just starting and in the 250+ range. It is available, enjoyable and effective. I've also found that it can also be useful--all that time can be used to listen to audio books and podcasts that expand the mind while contracting the waistline.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • fitdoc1983
    fitdoc1983 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Extremely impressive.. and you look wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!