Is distilled water really supposed to "clean out" the body?

Options
124»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    DISTILLED WATER UNDENIABLY RESULTS IN A LONGER LIFE

...in automotive batteries and cooling systems.

BUT 100% OF PEOPLE WHO DRINK WATER DIE!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking well water with fluoride in it. I have only had one cavity, have strong teeth, and no discoloration. I think it has more to do with genetics. My mom has soft, cavity-ridden teeth. I have good teeth. My husband has very yellow teeth (from childhood)
    2 of my boys got my strong teeth, one got soft, cavity prone, yellow teeth. All 3 had fluoride well water.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Proven Bro Science Fact - the best way to drink water is out of an old gallon milk jug. Bro proven, bro accepted!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    This sounds like some nonsense that came straight out of Pinterest - the girl's bro science site.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    ETA...NOTHING is absorbed the "same way" unless it is the SAME thing.
    ALL water is H2O. Unless you've found a way to change it's molecular structure once you drink it, distilled water is still received as H2O in the body.

Anecdotes aren't evidence.

I agree with your point but these statements seem flawed...While molecules of water are the same I would say that different solutions with water as the solvent will have different effects on one's body. I am pretty sure that distilled (pure) water, sugar water, highly concentrated salt water and tap water will have different effects. So while the water itself maybe absorbed in the same way the solutes in the water will be handled differently by the body.
    Which has nothing to do with the way body uses water. We could extract water from just about everything we consume, and the water will still be absorbed the same way. The other "stuff" isn't water.
    Also I believe that anecdotes are evidence. Hence, the term anecdotal evidence. While anecdotal evidence may not provide significant support to an idea, belief, hypothesis, etc., it is evidence nonetheless.
    It's evidence to the person touting it. Hence that's why it's called anecdotal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    The only thing I need distilled water for is to wash my hair (and nasal rinses, thank you brain amoebas!!). Baking soda solution of regular ol' hard tap water + sebum = nasty, gunky mess. Baking soda solution in distilled water + sebum = bye bye dirty hair!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Won't antioxidants work better at cleaning out those toxins anyway?

The only thing I use distilled water for is nasal rinse...

Yes THIS, the only way I have come across that distilled water is beneficial for cleaning out the body is in the case of sinus rinses. And unless you have a problem, sinuses are pretty self cleaning as well.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    The toxins were put there by the Thetans who inhabit all of our bodies. A cleanse is needed to remove the Thetans and the toxins.

Xenu doesn't know about distilling water. That's why distilled water scares Thetans but they're "whatevs!" with the regular kind.
  • jonjhayden
    Options
    ETA...NOTHING is absorbed the "same way" unless it is the SAME thing.
    ALL water is H2O. Unless you've found a way to change it's molecular structure once you drink it, distilled water is still received as H2O in the body.

Anecdotes aren't evidence.

I agree with your point but these statements seem flawed...While molecules of water are the same I would say that different solutions with water as the solvent will have different effects on one's body. I am pretty sure that distilled (pure) water, sugar water, highly concentrated salt water and tap water will have different effects. So while the water itself maybe absorbed in the same way the solutes in the water will be handled differently by the body.

Which has nothing to do with the way body uses water. We could extract water from just about everything we consume, and the water will still be absorbed the same way. The other "stuff" isn't water.

No it doesn't have anything to do with the way that the body uses the water, but I think the OP was concerned with the overall effect of drinking one substance over the other solvent and solute included not just how the body processes the solvent.
  • jonjhayden
    Options
    DISTILLED WATER UNDENIABLY RESULTS IN A LONGER LIFE

...in automotive batteries and cooling systems.

BUT 100% OF PEOPLE WHO DRINK WATER DIE!
    Undeniable fact.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This sounds like some nonsense that came straight out of Pinterest - the girl's bro science site.

QFT
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    The toxins were put there by the Thetans who inhabit all of our bodies. A cleanse is needed to remove the Thetans and the toxins.

True, but you need to pay out thousands of dollars and be hooked up to a lie detector or it doesn't work.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Most people confuse this. Deionized water cleans your toxins, not distilled.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Actually distilled water is stripped of minerals normally found in "natural" water. The body will "extract" these minerals from your body. Also, distilled water loses it's pH buffering capacity. Because of this, carbon dioxide can be readily sorbed into the water causing the pH to dip below 7 which if you drink enough distilled water can result in calcium leaching from your bones to make up for the difference. Finally, the WHO has reported an increase in childhood tooth decay because more kids are drinking bottled water rather than tap water where most major municipalities flouridate the water (usually concentrations less than 4ppm because higher concentrations would cause tooth mottling and this is the maximum allowable limit set forth by the EPA).

So to answer your questions - yes - distilled water cleans out the body... of essential minerals. If you want to drink distilled water, I would suggest 1 tsp of baking soda per gallon of distilled water. You can't even taste the baking soda.

You forgot the Good part.It REMOVES TOXINS and Excess Minerals from the body.

better-off-ted-plate-on-fire-science-approving-nod-13609616826.gif
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Actually distilled water is stripped of minerals normally found in "natural" water. The body will "extract" these minerals from your body. Also, distilled water loses it's pH buffering capacity. Because of this, carbon dioxide can be readily sorbed into the water causing the pH to dip below 7 which if you drink enough distilled water can result in calcium leaching from your bones to make up for the difference. Finally, the WHO has reported an increase in childhood tooth decay because more kids are drinking bottled water rather than tap water where most major municipalities flouridate the water (usually concentrations less than 4ppm because higher concentrations would cause tooth mottling and this is the maximum allowable limit set forth by the EPA).

So to answer your questions - yes - distilled water cleans out the body... of essential minerals. If you want to drink distilled water, I would suggest 1 tsp of baking soda per gallon of distilled water. You can't even taste the baking soda.

Someone didn't read his post.

Tell me more of these mysterious toxins!

I thought things like pesticides, air pollution, chlorine in water, some food additives, some drugs (medications), etc. were toxins? Maybe I'm wrong?
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Weird double post deleted.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

You take that back right now! Pinterest is where we go to feel bad about our pre-pinterest weddings and baby nurseries, to feel inadequate in our meal planning and photography skills and to find snarky someecards.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You take that back right now! Pinterest is where we go to feel bad about our pre-pinterest weddings and baby nurseries, to feel inadequate in our meal planning and photography skills and to find snarky someecards.

Pinterest is of the devil and will consume your very soul.™
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Someone didn't read his post.

Tell me more of these mysterious toxins!

I thought things like pesticides, air pollution, chlorine in water, some food additives, some drugs (medications), etc. were toxins? Maybe I'm wrong?

I think many of the really troublesome environmental toxins (like pthalates) are fat soluble rather than water soluble.

Anybody who frets about chlorine in water should spend some time in a place where they don't add it. I was in one such place last year where, incidentally, the average life expectancy is 55. The situation with the water surely doesn't help that.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Pinterest makes me not regret my divorce one bit lol