Friends trying to stay in the 1200-1500cal range

Options

Replies

• queeniepcollins
    queeniepcollins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What's your exercise routine? How many days a week?
  • ctabs8
    ctabs8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Go into your settings, and then into Diary settings and then pick public so others can see your diary. Hope that helps.
  • ctabs8
    Options
    AGREED!!

-

Also, note to some people in this thread :/ it's not healthy to eat below 1200 kcal, look up your TDEE (kcal you need on a day), and remove about 20% of that (when trying to lose weight), that's how much you should be eating. And if you burn calories through working out on a day, you'd have to add the lost calories to your daily calorie intake. If you fall below 1200 kcal on a day, your body will go in a lower metabolism and you won't lose weight.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    -

Also, note to some people in this thread :/ it's not healthy to eat below 1200 kcal, look up your TDEE (kcal you need on a day), and remove about 20% of that (when trying to lose weight), that's how much you should be eating. And if you burn calories through working out on a day, you'd have to add the lost calories to your daily calorie intake. If you fall below 1200 kcal on a day, your body will go in a lower metabolism and you won't lose weight.

I was just going to say that!!!! Eat to lose weight ladies! And dont' forget working out will add weight in the long run but trim your body because you are building muscle which fits a smaller space than fat :)

I track everything but don't adhere too closely to it. Don't forget MFP automatically puts in a deficit for you if you don't set your own goals.
  • ShadeyC
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I changed my setting to open my diary to friends. I am logging in during the day as I go along so as not to forget what I ate (I do have short term memory when it comes to food). I am back on the exercise routine again. Reading the helpful tips keeps me going and gives me new ideas. I think because I eat a little it doesn't add up…now I know it does…even 100 calories a day is enough to sabotage my weight loss goal....now I have no excuse not to loose!

It helps to pre-plan your meals if you can. Then you can log all your recipes and just add servings. Then it's really easy and see where you need to add calories in for the day.
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my goal calories for each day are 1,200 but today i used 1,502.. but to be honest its still good for me cause i am used to eating 2,500 to 3,000..i am a big woman , i am ashamed of myself ..
  • ctabs8
    Options
    I workout 5/week. I just finished the Jillian Michaels body revolution program.
    Now I do a 10km run
    50min hike
    3 home workout days (resistance training/plyo) ex: jillian/ insanity/P90x/ Fitnessblender.com/yoga etc.

What's your exercise routine? How many days a week?
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1200-1500 works well for me. I've got 10 little more pounds to go!
  • ShadeyC
    Options
    Hi. I'm Queenie.
    I have been recovering from a kidney transplant and all the meds. Put on nearly 100 pounds in 5 years. I don't want to have lap band or other surgery so I am determined to do whatever it takes to lose this weight on my own. I'm doing 1200-1300 calories a day. Most of the time. I definitely need to work out whatever issues I have that make me binge on carbs. One day last week I ate nearly 2200 calories in one day!. Another key item for my weight loss is Exercise. Darn it! I just hate when the doctor is right: diet AND exercise. I started out with a personal trainer for strength training 3 days a week. I'm finally strong enough now to take an exercise class! I started mat pilates today and am loving it! So new exercise routine is one hour of pilates on Tues and Thurs, 30 minutes of strength training with 30 minutes cardio on Wednesday. Finish out the week with 1 hour ball/balance training on Fridays.

I did figure out that the make up of my calories is actually more important than hitting the low calorie mark. I am insulin resistant so I have to also control carbs and sugars within my calorie limit. This is a huge challenge for me since I love fruit and it's summer time and everything is so fresh.

I log several times a day. If I can't log right away, I leave the dirty dishes on the kitchen counter to remind me of what I ate and did not log.

I will add all of you for encouragement - as soon as I figure out how to add/request friends! In the meanwhile, please add me! Thanks in advance for the encouragement!

Queenie I'm so proud of you :) I'm adding you!
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    -

What is TDEE ,and where do I go to look it up?
  • Jengland09
    Jengland09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started a 6 week boot camp. It is 4 days a week and 40 minutes a day. We do weight training and cardio. It is high intensity and everyone is sweating their butts off at the end. We do things like squats with bicep curls, lunges with tricep curls, etc. I also use C25K but it has been so hot recently that I have not done it regularly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey, I started on sunday and I'm trying to eat between 1200 to 1500 kcal.
    Feel free to add me!
  • FitnessGirlD
    Options
    I aim for this range too.. feel fre to add me..I love getting food ideas.. sometimes Im feeling like Im eating the same stuff over and over...
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I stay around 1200 and my meals are anything but bland. My diary is open. If you see anything you are interested in I will send you the recipe.
    FYI the cowboy salad I had tonight is FANTASTIC!
  • Jengland09
    Jengland09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also a note about TDEE, I have used many different websites and, depending on the calculation they use, my number is different (sometimes dramatically) and depending on the week it could change if I select my current level of activity.

For instance, I am going on vacation in a few weeks and I will not be working out as intensely so my TDEE will be lower.

I have also heard people say they calculate their TDEE but put sedentary to find the minimum, then they take 20% off.
  • heatherdevine77
    heatherdevine77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    add me too! my suggested is 1360 but i try to stay more towards 1200 or less. im a mom to a toddler, so i always pick at the food he leaves behind. a couple cheerios here, a half a chicken nugget there... it adds up so i try to keep some breathing room in my calorie intake!
  • ShadeyC
    Options
    my goal calories for each day are 1,200 but today i used 1,502.. but to be honest its still good for me cause i am used to eating 2,500 to 3,000..i am a big woman , i am ashamed of myself ..

DON'T BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!! You're doing more than most of the world. You're actually TRYING. Like that e-card that says...
    "Don't forget you are lapping everyone on the couch"
    Baby steps :)
    No one said it would be easy, otherwise everyone would do it.
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I strive to stay under 1200 calories everyday.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Wow...do you really want to eat at only 1200 calorie??? I'd be miserable. Not to mention you are depriving your body eating at such a low goal! I'm 45, 5'2" and I eat nearly 2,000 calories daily. Please read up on TDEE and BMR, check out the groups like Eat More To Weigh Less and Feed The Machine. I personally could not bear to spend the rest of my life eating so little. I do hope those of you that are eating at the calorie goal are at least netting 1200-1500! My diary is open please feel free to see how much I eat. I have never looked better and felt better!