Friends trying to stay in the 1200-1500cal range

Options

Replies

• Sionii
    Sionii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - when i'm not excersising i try and keep to 1,200 but i work out 4/5 times a week - i eat around 1,400 - 1,600 (sometimes more!!) trying to net. 1,200 cals a day
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. :) My goal is 1200 on here but as long as I say in between the 1200 and 1500 range. It is really hard for me. I struggle with what to eat so I could use some support too! :)
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have no control for vacations either. Feel free to add me if you like. I am in the 1200-1500 range as well.
  • Janyaa
    Janyaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello, my daily goal starts at 1200, too. My husband loves to cook and he's been very supportive (so far...) He has switched to using more herbs (both dried and fresh) and views it as a challenge to make delicious exciting meals that will stay within my limit. I had a bit of a cheat day yesterday, but overall, have been staying in a reasonable range.

It makes it a little more difficult, since my meals don't repeat too much and they're mostly homemade. I've been making a lot of recipes to try and get the most accurate reading on the calorie intake per meal. It's not too hard, and I usually have the leftovers for lunch the next day, so I can use the entry more than once.

Add me as your friend and you'll be able to view my diary!
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was at 1200 until I hit goal weight, and now it's set at 1500 but still fall somewhere in between the both....I do eat some exercise calories back! Warning don't always eat real healthy but I log everything! Feel free to add me if you like
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    I'm 1450-ish depending on hunger level & exercise outtake. Come on over! haha.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well, on a normal day I eat around 1600 calories, but I aim to burn off 400 and eat back around 200 of those.

That puts me on 1400, can I be classed as in your group, please! :wink:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My Diary is open to friends only, add me if you want then you can take a look. I pre-cook a lot (eat the same things most days) I am usually between 1200-1500 myself. I do eat back some exercise cals, but not all of them and not all the time.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My diary's open.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am at 1400 right now but going back to 1300... Feel free to add me!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat little during the day and stuff my face in the evening! :)
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1200 calories here. I exercise roughly 5/6 times a week. Mostly on my bike with it being summer. I tend to eat roughly the same sort of things each day. I am wheat/dairy intolerant so try to avoid those sorts of foods.
    However, I have started adding much more fruit/veg into my diet for variety.

Dairy is open.
  • pamelamarionheinrich
    Options
    My MFP calorie goal is 1200 and I very often don't hit it. I walk my dog 3-5 miles/day, every day, try to hit 4 gym classes (e.g., Zumba, yoga) per week, and my husband and I just started to lift weights 3x/week doing Old School/New Body. 53 1/2, hit my low of 118 on June 6th and have been rather naughty on the food side since then (out of state wedding, business conference in DC, 4th of July week-long drinking and eating extravaganza -- SIGH) and have been afraid to step on the scale. My goal is 112#--started MPF in Jan @ 134. These last 10 or so are difficult. Would love some MFP friends!! Please add me and tell me how to make my diary open?
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm in the middle of a move, so I dont' have internet access 24/7 yet, so I slack around logging dinner, but my ultimate goal is 1200-1500.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I aim for 1200, up to 1500 from exercise cals.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Even though I have my goal set at 1500, I usually come in under 1200. I set it higher because I run every other day and need the extra calories on those days. Anyone can add me, but please include a message with your request. Thanks!

edited to say this: I am following my doctor's advice. In other words, I am being medically supervised. So, while the TDEE recommendations are usually great, I know for me, I have to trust my doctor.
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Misti, I definitely try to stay between the 1200- 1500cal range. I'm trying to lose weight Right now I'm doing the Shred Revolutionary Diet, but this is the last week of the cycle, I plan to do another cycle, but after that I know what to eat and what I want to eat. So I'll probably stay within my calorie limits.
  • ManjKA
    ManjKA Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm supposed to be eating 1380 a day but try and stay below 1200 which i manage to achieve on most days. Breakfast and lunch is usually always the same thing for me, but then throw in some variety and flavour for dinner!
  • tarly81
    tarly81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey im trying to keep to a 1200 cal healthy plan and seriously struggling as i have a big appetite so any suggestions would be greatly apprechiated
  • OrangeB
    OrangeB Posts: 1
    Options
    my goal calories for each day are 1,200 but today i used 1,502.. but to be honest its still good for me cause i am used to eating 2,500 to 3,000..i am a big woman , i am ashamed of myself ..

To go from 2500 calories a day to 1200 ovenight is a massive ask. I am not a dietician or a fitness expert but if you have been very overweight and you have decided to lose weight and look after yourself you should be proud not ashamed.

Keep moving and take each day as it comes. When you have a 'bad' day don't give up and assume thats the way it has got to be. Start again. Every day you have a 1500 day then pat yourself on the back, remind yourself you have done it and then start again the next day.

Keep going