1235»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have pcos and I have lost 35lbs then completely stalled for 2 months my doc told me that there is great success for people with pcos who go low carb so I started and yes i lost 4 lbs it seemed to be working perfectly, but I have a sweet tooth and every end of the week i would end up binging big on sweets and gaining them again and again for 2 months
    Low carb high protein makes me always crave the things i really like
    Why ?
    I finally found what works , my measurements changed and i did lose it does give ne great energy , its so frustrating that mentally i can't control myself, i was 150lbs yesterday , today i woke up at 154lbs after a major binge on a pie and cake last night :(
    Im so depressed

Are you eating low carb yet sweet foods like berries? These help me with cravings.

I actually eat a grapefruit a day
    Is that a good option?

How many ounces of grapefruit is one grapefruit? Here's the carbs and sugar for some other fruits. As you can see strawberries are way lower than the other two.

ibp4s86kz4nm.jpg
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I have pcos and I have lost 35lbs then completely stalled for 2 months my doc told me that there is great success for people with pcos who go low carb so I started and yes i lost 4 lbs it seemed to be working perfectly, but I have a sweet tooth and every end of the week i would end up binging big on sweets and gaining them again and again for 2 months
    Low carb high protein makes me always crave the things i really like
    Why ?
    I finally found what works , my measurements changed and i did lose it does give ne great energy , its so frustrating that mentally i can't control myself, i was 150lbs yesterday , today i woke up at 154lbs after a major binge on a pie and cake last night :(
    Im so depressed

@mita271 LCHP and LCHF have very different macros. My LCHF macro is more like 5% carbs (<50 grams daily), 15% protein and 80% fats. I could never taper off of carbs so I wound up going off of sugars and all forms of grains for pain management cold turkey and it worked in just 30 days so I am still with the same macro 18 months later because it worked in my case.

The physical carvings to binge faded fast after two weeks on the WOE. Mental cravings took months longer and are gone for the most part but because they are mental they are easier to manage than are biological cravings which are gone now.

I had to physically break the hold had on me. For some reason my cravings were only triggered by carb intake.

It is not easy to lose weight and impossible to prevent regains if we do not find how to eradicate our cravings in my experience after 40 years of yo yo dieting and 100%+ regains.

MFP is a great place because many people are success using many different approaches. In my case I had to figure out how to eradicate my cravings and did it by accident. 18 months later my general health and blood markers are better at age 65 then at 45.

Best of success. You will find your way forward in time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP if you're still having sweet cravings once you're fully adapted, these are my go to's. So delicious!

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/

Those look delicious. And there is no way I'm making them. I could not control myself! I 100 calorie treat would turn into 1200 just eating those!

I'm going to stick with mixing my chocolate protein powder with PB2!

Hehe The first time I made them I ate the whole lot in one day...
  • DoctorShock
    DoctorShock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ad my stats
    5'1
    Female
    154lbs
    28 yo
    Wants to lose another 10lbs (just 10!)
    Eat 1375cals
    No excercise due to knee and back problems

One other thing that you might consider is that your calorie deficit could be too low. Calories still matter on a low-carb diet!

I tried typing your information into the Keto Calculator:
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Assuming a sedentary lifestyle, it estimated your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) at 1505 calories. Assuming that's accurate, you're eating at a deficit of 1505 - 1375 = 130 calories. That corresponds to a loss of 1 lb every 27 days, which is pretty slow. It would take 9 months to lose 10 lbs at that rate. If you went with a slightly larger deficit of 250 calories, eating at 1505 - 250 = 1255, you would lose 0.5 lb per week, which would get you to your goal in half the time.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ad my stats
    5'1
    Female
    154lbs
    28 yo
    Wants to lose another 10lbs (just 10!)
    Eat 1375cals
    No excercise due to knee and back problems

One other thing that you might consider is that your calorie deficit could be too low. Calories still matter on a low-carb diet!

I tried typing your information into the Keto Calculator:
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Assuming a sedentary lifestyle, it estimated your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) at 1505 calories. Assuming that's accurate, you're eating at a deficit of 1505 - 1375 = 130 calories. That corresponds to a loss of 1 lb every 27 days, which is pretty slow. It would take 9 months to lose 10 lbs at that rate. If you went with a slightly larger deficit of 250 calories, eating at 1505 - 250 = 1255, you would lose 0.5 lb per week, which would get you to your goal in half the time.

I already feel a little hungry on some days ...i would be scared to go lower , i would probably feel hungrier !
    I really appreciate this info though
    Thx
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Weight loss works well for PCOS. Weight loss is where it's at.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    Weight loss works well for PCOS. Weight loss is where it's at.

What about those that are at a normal weight??
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets work great for everyone who doesn't like sweets. No wonder you binged.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My doctor specified that many of her patients improved their symptoms along with the weight loss benefited from low carb

Low carb is not the only way to lose weight, plus it doesn't work unless you have a calorie deficit.

The important thing is to lose weight, not go low carb.

Luckily, MFP can help you with that.
  • KSween2016
    KSween2016 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Our bodies love carbohydrates, it's what we function on. It's why clean vegans are so healthy. Eating a lot of meat and fat isn't good for your body and can also make you feel icky. I try to eat mostly fruits veggies and carbs with little meat...and 1-2 days a week I eat meatless....