What's your biggest regret? Fitness or otherwise...

Options
Buff_Man
Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
I wish I had put more work into my physique when I was a younger. Gains would've been easier!!

Replies

• provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Agree with your statement. And enjoying the single life more.
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    Kids these days are sooo lucky.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Not keeping fit past my 40's. I was in good shape back then, it's been a struggle to do it now. I'm getting there though. 15-20 pounds to go and feeling better than I have in years.
  • Raechel120
    Raechel120 Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I would say not being more open to try unfamiliar things from foods to adventures, I'm such a person of habit.
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    Yup, true. The words "sheltered life" come to mind for me too
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That I got into fitness earlier. It turns out it's something I really enjoy.
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I wish I had never taken up smoking in my 20's - I dont anymore though!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    that i didn't stick it out with my first partner longer - but hey, can't live with regrets right?
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have not always put myself last for so long. I also wish I would have dated more and not settled down so young.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    That I would have ate better in high school when I played softball year round. I would not be needing this app right now lol
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret is that I started smoking when I was a young teen....kept poisoning myself until 11 years ago...TWENTY THREE years to regret. Word to nonsmokers and young people, DONT START!!!
  • janellsosajs
    janellsosajs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That I went to college right after high school instead of getting married and having my daughter. Feels like I'm missing out on her growing up because I work and go to school now. Oh well... live and learn.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret is that I started smoking when I was a young teen....kept poisoning myself until 11 years ago...TWENTY THREE years to regret. Word to nonsmokers and young people, DONT START!!!

at least you've stopped now though which is the important thing....
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up either starting smoking or not keeping up with a healthier lifestyle and exercise when I started grad school
  • LiftingUnicorn
    LiftingUnicorn Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I wish I had got into fitness younger as I love it now!
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Shyness40 wrote: »
    I wish I would have not always put myself last for so long. I also wish I would have dated more and not settled down so young.

+1 Seriously, I am 41 and just last year FINALLY decided I was worth a degree. In the local college, couldn't be happier.

However, I will say that I had a great stretch of time to raise my kids, and they are AMAZING, so the last 20 years was definitely not a waste.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    Shyness40 wrote: »

+1 Seriously, I am 41 and just last year FINALLY decided I was worth a degree. In the local college, couldn't be happier.

However, I will say that I had a great stretch of time to raise my kids, and they are AMAZING, so the last 20 years was definitely not a waste.

That's great! I went back when I was 35. I have one more year to go before I finish with my BA. I just wished I would have done it sooner. Also, I was always putting everyone else first that I didn't take time for me. Now, I take the 30 minutes to an hour everyday to workout. I realized it's okay to be selfish sometimes, but it took my 40 years to learn it.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I regret not learning about financial things sooner. I'm 30 and there was so much that I was completely clueless about. I also wish I would have known what I wanted to major in while I was living at home. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out until a couple years ago and now I'm an 'adult' and this *kitten* is hard!
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    Yup finances for me too, wish I'd planned ahead. Also wish I'd developed a skill e.g. martial art, art or something cool