What's your biggest regret? Fitness or otherwise...

Options

Replies

• salleymo
    salleymo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have taken better care of my body after the second baby.
  • salleymo
    salleymo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Also, I wish I would have invested in some stock, saved some money and realized my mom was right about everything!
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have done more sports in HS instead of band...I only did track & field and band made it practically impossible to do more. I know that would have curbed my obesity for sure, when band seemed to enhance it! I also wish I wouldn't have listened to a jackwagon on becoming a PE teacher. I have been teaching 21 years and been waiting 6 to finally teach PE!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have appreciated my figure back in my teens and twenties. I spent most of those years thinking I was fat. So much angst! lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    k8bk639naup4.gif

This made me laugh out loud.
  • Avenged_Sevenx
    Avenged_Sevenx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't fitness related. Getting into drugs. Worst and dumbest decision I ever made.
    Turned my *kitten* around though.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you got out of it
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I wish I hadn't fallen and hurt my back last year ... and this year, I wish I hadn't fallen and added my ankle to the list of body parts that don't work like they used to.

I can forget about step aerobics and lifting heavy now. And most cardio and weight classes.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That I spent six months trying to 'lose weight', going to the gym with my bf and then 'rewarding' ourselves with 2 cumberland farms hotdogs afterwards, or a milkshake... or those weekends of heavy drinking and domino's bacon jalapeno cheesy bread.
    We were sitting around last night, tryna make a small chocolate milkshake and children's size fry fit into our daily allotments and laughing at how dumb we were.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    Yup finances for me too, wish I'd planned ahead. Also wish I'd developed a skill e.g. martial art, art or something cool

There is always time to learn a new skill, martial arts are fabulous for both your physical health and your spiritual/mental wellbeing...I'd say GO FOR IT!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    salleymo wrote: »
    Also, I wish I would have invested in some stock, saved some money and realized my mom was right about everything!

I'd love for you to chat with my daughter!!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have gone to college after high school instead of getting married at 19. It didn't last and now I'm a 33yo working college student.
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    Hmm maybe I will! First I need to finish Project Buff B)
  • aqila17
    aqila17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew walking is the best exercise that I can stick with
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I feel better at 46 than I did for most of my 30s and some of my 20s. I get angry with myself sometimes for all the years wasted sitting on a couch.
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    40 is the new 30 so you're OK!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If I could go back to my 16yo self I would tell myself, say no to the ex. I'd push college to my 18yo self so I could have been a teen longer. I'd tell her to cut her mom off because waiting until I was 30 leaves me with minor baggage. I'd give her a hug and tell her when she's feeling lonely it's okay, she's alone but never lonely.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I wish I would have appreciated my figure back in my teens and twenties. I spent most of those years thinking I was fat. So much angst! lol

^^^ I know how you feel. I was curvy and the rest of the girls in high school were sticks so I felt very overweight and self conscious. Now that I'm overweight, I'm actually more comfortable in my own skin (I think it comes with age). I now realize how awesome I looked back in high school. This picture was right after I graduated. jjceziztqfzp.jpg

This is what I look like now.
    oo0odauhm9vk.jpg

My biggest regret is not being by my grandfather's side when he passed away. I had the option to be there when he went and I chose not be there because I thought it would be too difficult for me. Everyone in my family was by his bedside when he passed except for me. I feel guilty because he was probably wondering where I was and why I wasn't there. He knew how much I loved him, but I feel like I let him down.

• ThickJoker
    ThickJoker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Honestly the 7 years I had to be on a cocktail of 12 pills for my mental disorders.

I went from 135 lbs to 298 in about a year and a half.. and just stayed toeing the 300 lbs line...

The meds helped me tremendously, and no doubt without them I'd have not survived... but I regret what it's done to my body majorly.