ARE QUEST BARS REALLY AS GOOD AS IVE BEN TOLD THEY ARE?

Options

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I happen to like them, but I could never eat a whole one as they would upset my digestion.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i like quest bars a lot, but there are two new formulas - the first one, which virtually no one liked, and the second one, which was quite an improvement. the catch is that if you buy online, you can't check the expiration dates to see if you're getting old original recipe quest bars, new recipe icky quest bars or new new recipe quest bars.

i don't like every flavor of quest bar, but i do like some a lot.
  • adubb702
    adubb702 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Quest bars but in my massive search did find a bar that has a great non gritty texture and tastes awesome. Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate & Almond. 15g protein, only 3g sugar, 8 net carbs & gluten free. Sounds too good to be true? I totally thought so, but they are awesome. You may be able to find them in local stores depending on your area, I get them online here at Thrive Market: http://thrv.me/9x5P21
  • chevyton99
    chevyton99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i like pure protein bars sold at walmart 200 cal 19 grams protein
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer mine blended into a smoothie that has frozen banana and raspberries so it goes cold. I like the texture and it feels like eating decadent ice cream. That said, I only like 3 out of the flavours
    if I was going to blend them I would just use protien powder...but havent tried it so I wont knock it lol
    Which 3 flavors?

I use protein powder too. My diary is open if you want to see my smoothie combo.

I like double choc chunk, mint choc and the white choc and raspberry is my favourite.

As someone mentioned about them not blending well, I like the texture it brings to the smoothie, hence my comment about it being like an ice cream

Do the Quest bars blend smooth or chunky? I would have thought you'd have little chunks floating around in there??
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Whatever they use in pretty much all these bars to sweeten them makes my intestines very angry. It's weird because I drink a coffee everyday with sweet n low in it, but one protien bar and things get real. Of course, I also just found out I'm mildly allergic to most nuts and soy so maybe that's it. They tasted just ok. I used to really like the Kind dark chocolate cherry bars for taste. However, I'm pretty sure those have honey and not that great on protein. More like a candy bar...so yeah. Go with candy bars.

Sugar alcohol is used, which is different than artificial sweeteners like Sweet 'n Low. Sugar alcohol gives some people the runs, especially in higher quantities (think of sugar free gummy bears).

Yes this is a no go 2 days in a row after a quest bar I'm fallen victim to this smh
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like the Pro Bars. They have different size options depending on your need. The Peanut Butter Chocolate Base bar is 290 calories, 30 carbs, 20 protein. Decent ratio for a light meal. I believe they're non-dairy/gluten free and no artificial crap also. Sold on amazon and at rei and whole foods.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I LOVE my Quest bars. However, unlike many Quest bar fans, I actually don't like heating them up. I personally love to eat them as they are packaged. However, I'm not rich, so I only buy them when they go on sale. I recently hauled in some boxes with each bar costing $1.77 each (shipping included).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    cut quest bars into small pieces & bake @ 350 for about 15 minutes. makes delicious cookies!

No, these Totally-Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies are delicious.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    I LOVE my Quest bars. However, unlike many Quest bar fans, I actually don't like heating them up. I personally love to eat them as they are packaged. However, I'm not rich, so I only buy them when they go on sale. I recently hauled in some boxes with each bar costing $1.77 each (shipping included).

$48 for a box of 12 or singularly are $5 here :( I treat them like Gold and only eat one when I really, really feel like it.

• kshama2001
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I prefer the DIY version: just taking some old cardboard, and soaking it in a blend of sacrificial orangutan blood, industrial agricultural waste by-products, and a nice melted laxative suppository and topping it off with some stevia and whey protein powder. Yummy.

[in other words: heck no. give me whey protein powder + fruit + liquid in a blender anyday over that crap]

46117324.jpg

I tried a S'Mores. It was awful. I'm sure the sucralose was partly to blame. Blech.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I've only tried white chocolate raspberry... blech!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I've only tried white chocolate raspberry... blech!

Yeah, I agree that flavour is blech! Way too sweet and artificial tasting for me.
  • jasminedos
    jasminedos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fit elite bars are good. Quest bars were so nasty.. to me at least
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    None of the bars do much for me. I find other foods to snack on.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    They used to be. Now they changed the formula and they suck and have an odd artificial taste I cant stand.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

$48 for a box of 12 or singularly are $5 here :( I treat them like Gold and only eat one when I really, really feel like it.

Holy cow!!! I had no idea that the prices went that high outside the U.S! I'm so sorry. I appreciate the prices here a lot more now.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The only one I like is the Mint chocolate chip. But I just found a bar that is actually delicious. Supreme Protein Caramel Nut Chocolate. I swear it was like eating a candy bar. 200 calories, 15g Protein, 11g Carb, 8g Fat. Little high on the calories/fat, but as an occasional treat pretty tasty.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBDQNM2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001RD8EJI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11W51SH9A7Q0X0F27BQK
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I still eat one Quest bar a day as an afternoon snack. Keeps me full till dinner.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Are there any flavors without sucralose?